Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Resolved Unity Hub not working on Linux Mint 21 "Vanessa"

Discussion in 'Linux' started by GiMiTiUs, Oct 6, 2022.

1. GiMiTiUs

GiMiTiUs

I installed mint 21 "Vanessa" yesterday. And yea like the title says, hub is not working anymore...

- First thing i had to do since 'apt-key' is now deprecated was to move my key to trusted. I uninstalled and reinstalled (+removed older keys) hub and then checked the 'apt-key'-manual before adding the key.

Old:

$ wget -qO - https://hub.unity3d.com/linux/keys/public | sudo apt-key add -
    New:
    $ wget -qO - https://hub.unity3d.com/linux/keys/public | sudo tee /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/unityhub330.asc

Not sure if New is correct (i'm guessing no) but atleast there is no warning about the key anymore.
    This is the error i'm getting now:

This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). The promise rejected with the reason:
    ConnectionLost: Timeout! Cannot connect to Licensing Client within 60000ms
    at Function.fromType (/opt/unityhub/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@licensing/licensing-sdk/lib/core/ipc/licensingIpc.js:51:16)
    at LicensingIpc.waitForConnection (/opt/unityhub/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@licensing/licensing-sdk/lib/core/ipc/licensingIpc.js:118:152)
    at LicensingSdk.getMachineId (/opt/unityhub/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@licensing/licensing-sdk/lib/core/licensingSdk.js:68:37)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/opt/unityhub/resources/app.asar/build/main/services/licenseService/licensingSdk.js:118:86)
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at /opt/unityhub/resources/app.asar/build/main/services/licenseService/licensingSdk.js:31:71
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at __awaiter (/opt/unityhub/resources/app.asar/build/main/services/licenseService/licensingSdk.js:27:12)
    at Object.getMachineId (/opt/unityhub/resources/app.asar/build/main/services/licenseService/licensingSdk.js:117:16)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/opt/unityhub/resources/app.asar/build/main/services/cloudAnalytics/cloudAnalytics.js:96:56)

- I also tried every "fix" i could find on the internet but nothing helped. I have all the dependencies installed so no help there...

BUT i managed to open .appimage running it with a --disable-gpu-sandbox flag so atleast i can do some work while waiting hub to be fixed.