Search Unity

Unity HUB not working in multi user environment

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by andorfy, Mar 11, 2020.

1. andorfy

andorfy

In multi user environment the Hub not works as in single user environment.
    If one user logged in, the second user cannot log in to Unity Account in Unity HUB because the login window will be blank.
    If each user logged in, only the first user can acces Collaborate, the second logged in user will get an error message, what says he/she must install Unity HUB, but it is already installed, and running.

Steps to reproduce:
    Install Unity HUB with User1 and log in to the Unity Account.
    Download Unity 2019.3.1f1.
    Create another Windows user account, and switch to other account (don't log out from first account).
    Open Unity Hub, and try to login to Unity account. The login window will be empty.
    Restart the machine, log in only with User2, open Unity HUB and log in to Unity Account, it will work now. Installs will be empty, but with Locate you can add the previously installed editor.
    Open a project in Unity.
    Switch to User1 (don't log out from User2 account).
    Open Unity HUB and open a different project than User2.
    Try to upload/download Collab. It will say to Sign in to access Collaborate.
    Click Sign in... button, and a message will pop up what says You must install Unity Hub to sign in and use Unity services.

Tested with Windows 10 1909 and Windows Server 2019 Standard 1809
    Unity Hub 2.2.2
    Unity Editor 2019.3.1f1
    Free and Pro accounts

2. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Thank you @andorfy for your feedback, we will test this use case and discuss it with our product manager :)
    HUB Team

3. andorfy

andorfy

Thanks for your reply.
    A month ago I opened a bug about this (case number: 1220112), there isn't any answer yet :)
    Can you please estimate me an time when it will be checked?
    Or suggest any workaround for this while it is solved?

4. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

So, I just discussed with the team, it's not an easy fix…. the workaround for now is to quit Hub process entirely before switching accounts or sign-out from the OS account before login-in. We will work on this fix as soon as we can (we have so many tasks in our backlog that are estimated to be more prior, sorry :( ).
    I linked the fogbugz report to our QA and they will keep on updating it so that you can follow its progress.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience ! Thanks again for following up !

5. andorfy

andorfy

Thanks, I will waiting!

6. andorfy

andorfy

Thank you @safaGH for the help, it looks like, the hub version (2.3.1) works fine for us!

7. andorfy

andorfy

Hi,

After updating for the new Unity Hub 2.3.2 exactly the same problem came back. Can you please check again?

8. ColinBellino

ColinBellino

Hi @safaGH. Is there a place we can see the progress on this fix and possibly giving you more info if you need them. It looks like the issue linked in this thread is now closed but the problem persists (in latest stable).

I can confirm that killing the Unity Hub processes and restarting the Hub and Editor works as a workaround.

9. andorfy

andorfy

Hi @safaGH
    With the 2.3.2 version of the Unity HUB this issue come back and it is present in every newer version.
    Is there any way I can get the Unity HUB 2.3.1 installer from somewhere to use that version?

10. senpaigiih

senpaigiih

Hi. Same problem here. I have a computer and installed Unity for me and my daughter (in the hopes of teaching her), but it seems having two system user accounts bugs Unity a lot. This behavior shouldn't happen (I'm typing here using my daughter's Unity account).

11. Navarre

Navarre

Same problem here using 3.0.0-beta.6 on Monterey 12.0.1.

12. silviu-georgian77

silviu-georgian77

not fixed yet

niknakgames likes this.
  13. nicon991

nicon991

수정이 되었나요? 언제쯤 고쳐지는지 궁금합니다.
    저저희쪽 서버에서 리모트 연결로 작업하는데 문제가 많네요.

14. andorfy

andorfy

I can confirm this issue is still exist in version 3.4.1.
    Can we get any info about when this will be fixed?

15. glennpratt

glennpratt

Same problem here. Trying to teach multiple kids to use Unity.

16. scrant

scrant

Ditto. BIG problem. When can we expect a fix. Nothing but crickets since 2020!!!!

17. unity_BA4FC3330FAF6902C487

unity_BA4FC3330FAF6902C487

The bug persists.
    I work with multiple Windows users, and the only solution is to reinstall in order to be able to open the HUB.

Please fix it.

18. Ersatz_Agricole

Ersatz_Agricole

This is taking 4+ year to fix? Really? I'm having the exact same problem this morning, apparently nothing has been done to fix it ever since it was flagged.

andorfy and h4ri like this.
  19. loloncio22

loloncio22

Same here, we have a server with 4 users and when someone forgets to close hub on its account it does not let anyone else use hub, unbelievable this is happening since 2020

andorfy likes this.
  20. OTBT_Marc

OTBT_Marc

Same problem here. You can fix it by terminating all Unity processes (via the TaskManager) on the user who last used Unity Hub / Unity. However, it still remains an annoying problem.

21. geeosp

geeosp

Can Unity please give an update on this? I use the same unity account in 2 distinct windows accounts, and this problem still exists.

22. They just did:

23. Skaily

Skaily

Still doesn't work, and it's still annoying.

24. iamsevovo

iamsevovo

it bothers me, too. I'm using two Windows 11 accounts, and two Unity accounts. Since switching the windows account and closing the process doesn't launch a new Unity Hub app, the only way that works for me is signing off the windows account and signing in the new account every time.

I even tried to install separately on each windows account, but it uninstalls the previous program from anywhere I installed.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024