Search Unity

Unity hub not opening on mac

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by ArcaneWater, Mar 25, 2018.

1. ArcaneWater

ArcaneWater

So i have Mac 13' mid 2014. And when i install Unity Hub and try to open it icon just start bouncing like its gonna open but then it closes not showing anything. Anyone had similar problem?

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that! Could you specify your version of MacOS and send me the Hub log file located at "~/Library/Application support/UnityHub/logs" (via direct message)? Hopefully we can track why you can't open the Hub.

Thanks,

3. robotunity

robotunity

Mine also won't start. The log states:

Code (CSharp):
    1. "error","message":"Failed to start Unity Hub, reason: Error: ENOTDIR: not a directory, scandir '/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor'
    This is because I have Unity installed NOT in '/Applications'. There is not enough space on my macOS drive for Unity, so I have it installed on another drive. However, I DO have a shortcut to 'Unity' within /Applications. This makes Unity Hub unable to create the directory '/Application/Unity/Hub'. If I rename my 'Unity' shortcut to 'Unity2', then Unity Hub does start. However, Unity Hub fails to activate my license....

Vishal1209 likes this.
  4. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

@robotunity We currently don't allow users to change the install path before the first launch. This will change in the near future but in the meantime could you simply create that folder structure just so that the Hub can start? You will be able to specify a different install path once it's up and running. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,

Vishal1209 and robotunity like this.
  5. robotunity

robotunity

AbrahamDUnity likes this.
  6. Vishal1209

Vishal1209

Thanks it works for me.