Search Unity

Unity Hub not installing modules

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by LCStark, Jul 5, 2019.

1. LCStark

LCStark

I used Unity Hub 2.0.2 to install the latest stable Unity release (2019.1.8f1). In the "Add modules to your install" section I had three modules selected: WebGL Build Support, Windows Build Support (IL2CPP) and Documentation. Once the installation was complete, I used the Hub to create a new project (using the 2D template) and tried to build it for WebGL target, but it looked like WebGL support didn't install at all. The WebGL section in the Build Settings window had only the "No WebGL module loaded" message and "Open Download Page" button, which led me to download the WebGL build support as a separate file.

I also checked the installation directory and it seems the Documentation wasn't downloaded either. The Windows build support did install correctly.

I tried installing Unity (from the Hub) on another machine, on which I also checked the "Android Build Support", but again only the Windows Build support was installed.

2. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    After the editor install, can you check if the modules were detected as installed or not by clicking on the menu at the top right of the editor card in the installs tab. If it's selected then please report a bug through the hub bug reporter so we can investigate the logs.

3. LCStark

LCStark

Hi!

Apparently, a new version has been released (2019.1.9f1) and it installs correctly through the hub - all selected modules have been included. I guess the problem is solved, at least for now. Thank you for your help!

If this happens again, should I post a new thread here, or should I just use the "Report a bug" button in the Hub?

4. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

That's cool ! Yeah It would be better if you report a bug through the bug reporter, at least we have access to the logs. You are welcome anytime.

LCStark likes this.
  5. vwestern

vwestern

Modules to download don't appear for me at all.

6. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Which version of the editor are you using ?

7. nvoelzow

nvoelzow

same issue here with Unity Hub 2.1.0 when trying to install 2019.2.1f1 on macOS - the "base" can be installed but the "add modules" window is completely empty...

Screenshot 2019-08-21 11.51.20.png

8. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello @nvoelzow ,
    It seems to me as a connectivity problem, maybe it's your network that is having troubles to reach our end. But if you experience this issue again after checking your internet and quitting the hub and opening it again, please report a bug and we will look into your logs.

9. tuexitoverdadero

tuexitoverdadero

Hola buena tarde. Por favor me ayudan con lo siguiente
    Estoy trabajando con la version unity 2019.2.0 y al generar el apk me sale el mensaje de que no encuentra el NDK y ya verifique y esta bien configurado. Tambien he probado subir mi proyecto a otras versiones y me aparece el mismo error. Por favor me orientan que puedo hacer. Gracias

10. Boerni

Boerni

UnitWebGL Issue.png Hi all
    I've got a slightly weird issue. I wanted to update my WebGL 5 projects from version 2019.2.17f1 to 2019.4.1f1 LTS. I installed the WebGL support in the Unity Hub, but the editor does not detect it. I tried uninstalling the new Unity version, then just uninstalling WebGL support which did not work - it remained "installed". How can I get this working?

11. Jibrilsketch

Jibrilsketch

I have a similar problem. I installed unity 2020.3.10f1 with unity hub 2.4.3. During the install I added the android component. After the install i found that it didn't install the android stuff. I went back into the hub and tried the add modules button. At this point it starts downloading then stops after some time.

auco1120 likes this.
  12. BenjiM_Unity

BenjiM_Unity

Unity Technologies