Search Unity

Bug Unity Hub Learn / Recommended tab error when trying to load more

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by carbon_stargazer, Sep 3, 2022.

1. carbon_stargazer

carbon_stargazer

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Unity, and after completing the Essentials pathway, I wanted to work on projects like the 2D Game Kit, for example.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro, and have the latest version of the Unity Hub.
    When I go to the Learn tab I have three additional tabs: Featured, Recommended, Downloaded. Featured loads automatically and causes no problems. However, the Recommended tab keeps crashing. It has a hard time loading projects, loads the exact same projects every time on top (often non-english versions), and when I scroll down and press "Show more", I get the error message "Something went wrong. Please try again.". Restarting/refreshing the Unity Hub did not help and it always instantly ends in an error message.

I was wondering if this is a known issue or something on my end, and if there's a possible workaround to still download project kits?

Thank you for any help!

2. Anthiese

Anthiese

Seems like a known issue.
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...w-more-button-in-recommended-tab-in-unity-hub
    Workaround, as noted in the issue tracker, is to restart the program. Note that restarting Unity Hub on Windows involves actually clicking "Quit Unity Hub" in the tray icon's context menu, as the application is designed to keep running in the background even when you close the main foreground window.

I've not used Unity Learn, but it appears that these "Game Kits" are first party published Asset Store items. You are able to filter them like this, assuming they're all published under "Unity Technologies."
    https://assetstore.unity.com/?category=templates/tutorials&publisher=Unity Technologies&orderBy=1
    I believe you would need to have a blank project to import these into, otherwise it should be sufficient. (It also seems that the landing page for the few tutorials I've checked also link to required resources where appropriate in the Overview section.)

3. carbon_stargazer

carbon_stargazer

I tried Quitting and restarting the Unity Hub (also tried with restarting the whole computer) but it doesn't seem to work for now. I might just grab the asset store items then and do the tutorials that way! Thank you very much for your help!!

4. imamulmursalinsadaf22

imamulmursalinsadaf22

I tried but, everytime it shows:
    upload_2022-12-14_12-14-59.png

5. Anthiese

Anthiese

The Issue Tracker link still says it's "under consideration" - the Learn tab is not working for me either, so your best bet is to just find things to do on the Unity Learn website directly.

6. braelyn

braelyn

Unity Technologies

Hi! Thanks for sharing. Featured content under the Learn tab is now available again. If you continue to have problems, please let us know.

carbon_stargazer and Anthiese like this.
  7. carbon_stargazer

carbon_stargazer

I just checked and it works for me now, thank you so much!

8. SaladGuy42

SaladGuy42

Sorry for necro, but i'm having the same issues as OP

Also getting this error. Restarting didn't help at all