Search Unity

Unity HUB 'learn': Getting started' Tutorials Buggy with installs 2019.1.13f1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ericmorata, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Ericmorata

Ericmorata

The tutorials for UNITY HUB "learn" menu option, the GETTING STARTED ones - specifically, tutorial 03:Tweaking components - values vs. Zombies and tutorial 04: Prefab Power - Ramping up - contain errors that crashes the tutorial, more precisely when you have to input numerical values into one of the game objects properties value box.
    The tutorial runs fine until you have to input the value on the box. Doesn´t matter what value you input, the error is the same in both tutorials and the "NEXT" button that allows the tutorial to go on stays greyed out, rendering Unity completely frozen until you close it down.

I first encountered this error on build 2019.3.0a11 - which is an unstable alpha, so i tried it with build 2019.1.13f1, where the same error occurred.
    Running Windows 10 on a Geforce 1050 ti.
    It´s just me?
    I selected the build according to the next "Tutorial Projects" section.
    Is there a even more older build i should be using to run those simple tutorials correctly?

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

Unity's Interactive Tutorials are extremely hit and miss. I have had no trouble on some releases only to recommend them to someone else and have them be unable to run it. Like in this case I was able to get them running off of an early release of Unity 2019.1 (within a version or two of it being released as stable).

Ericmorata likes this.