Search Unity

Unity Hub Last Updated Listing

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Kartack, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Kartack

Kartack

So I've been using Unity Hub for almost 2 weeks now and I find it to be really helpful in general. I've got 2 different unity projects for 2 different versions of a live game. I need to switch back and forth between them reasonably frequently to check out bugs in the old version, then to implement the bug fixes in the new version, etc.. Unity Hub is great for this as these two versions of the game use different versions of Unity and with Hub managing this I don't have to remember which one goes with which version of unity.

In Unity Hub on the Projects tab it keeps your list of project in chronological order by last open time or something like that. Unfortunately if you open a project from this list it only updates the list a couple seconds after the window is brought back to being the front application. Which can make it so that it is perfectly timed such that the list reorders itself just in time for me to have a mere fraction of a second prior to have clicked on what suddenly becomes the wrong entry. And so then Unity hub opens the version of the project I didn't want to be opened. Which is a bit of a pain. It would be better if the list updated as soon as you click on the project so that it is probably in the right order (assuming you don't open a project through something other than Unity Hub) so that it doesn't do this and the list is already reordered when you go back to Hub, instead of waiting until Hub has resumed to start the process of reordering.

Not like a huge fundamental problem with what is a great addition to the Unity ecosystem but a slight enhancement to make a great product even better.

Thanks!

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback! We are actually working on a better way to sort/search for projects. Stay tuned.

Best