Search Unity

Unity Hub Last Modified is Wrong

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by wjason, Jan 11, 2021.

1. wjason

wjason

Loaded up Unity Hub this morning, 11th of January, 2021 (a Monday) at 7:13am. Last Modified for the project I was working on shows up as 13 minutes ago. However, I was last worked on that project on Friday the 8th of January at around 3:30pm. Confirmed by checking the last modified stamp in Windows Explorer (and I know I didn't login over the weekend).

Unity Hub version 2.4.2

2. Haapavuo

Haapavuo

Same issues still persist on Unity Hub 3.0.0-beta.5. Platform: Windows 10.

3. Haapavuo

Haapavuo

I believe Unity Hub uses project folder metadata to get the Last Modified datetime. Since Windows only has Creation Datetime for Folders (Last Modified only exists for files, not folders), Unity Hub must use the Creation date. Thus, almost always invalid.

EDIT: Actually this seems to be a filesystem specific feature and can even be disabled by the filesystem (i.e. NTFS). Reliable solution may be detecting modification dates for the files inside the folder.

4. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug using the Bug Reporter within the Hub? Our team needs to look the log files.
    To do it, go to Account Settings > Troubleshooting > Report a bug

5. crazydave678

crazydave678

It's been over a year and still no fix. Doesn't even seem like it would be that hard to mend.

6. rosssssss

rosssssss

Same issue in 3.3.0 on windows !

7. ShadowlessStudios

ShadowlessStudios

Still Same problem with UnityHub 3.5.0, it should be very easy to solve this problem. Let me do it for you Unity :)