Search Unity

Unity Hub Issue with Multiple Windows User Accounts

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Rob-Meade, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Rob-Meade

Rob-Meade

I noticed this a few versions back, but it remains a problem in version 1.3.1

I'm using Windows 10, Home edition. I have two Windows accounts on the laptop.

Running Unity Hub in just one account works fine. However, if I log in to the second account, leaving the first signed in also, and attempt to use Hub all manner of issues seem to occur.
    • Launching Hub seems unresponsive.
    • Multiple instances appear under Task manager.
    • Integration with the Unity Download Archive fails.
    The last item above was resolved by terminating all instance of Unity Hub, then re-launching.

It _feels_ as if Unity Hub would prefer that there was only one instance of itself running at any time, but because of the multiple accounts on the laptop, with instances running in both, it just doesn't play nicely.

2. DanielTG

DanielTG

Hi @Rob-Meade,

Unfortunately, this is a known limitation of the Hub that we do want to address. Logging out when switching between users should successfully close the original Hub instance, and then log-in to the other OS user.

Thanks
    Daniel

Rob-Meade likes this.
  3. Rob-Meade

Rob-Meade

Hey @DanielTG,

Thanks for such a prompt response, appreciated :eek:)

It's good to hear that it is already known and thus on the radar, and equally that it is something that you want to address. I use the second account on the laptop when I'm recording, so tend to flit between the first and second, there isn't any real reason why I couldn't log-off instead, just time/laziness I suppose.

I won't ask if you have any idea of timescales as I'm fairly certain this won't be a hugely pressing issue and fully appreciate that everyone will be busy already.

Thanks again for the response :eek:)

Kind regards,

Rob