Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity HUB: issue when offline

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by KaeruGaman, Apr 27, 2019.

1. KaeruGaman

KaeruGaman

The Unity HUB prompts a message when started offline, saying "offline, some functions are not avaliable"

however, it offers me to download the Tutorials I haven't downloaded yet, but it doe NOT show those I already have downloaded!

should be just the other way round, shouldn't it?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I doubt you can download the tutorials in off line mode.

After you downloaded the ones you have already tried, did you save them somewhere on your computer?

3. KaeruGaman

KaeruGaman

I'm sure I cannot download when offline. it's part of the definition of being offline. ;)

the HUB itself has a "download" function. I do not know where he stores the downloaded tutorials, but he sure does, because the download took almost an hour for the "3D Game Kit"

those downloaded Tuts have a button labeled "Start" when downloaded, where it said "download" before.

now, when I start the HUB when offline, it starts and prompts a warning, the already downloaded tutorials do not appear at all, but do the not downloaded ones.

this seems to be a problem in the programming of the HUD itself, it should show me the downloaded ones, not the others.

PS:
    I don't think that is an issue I can do anything about, I would consider this a kind of "bug report" to the HUB designers.

4. KaeruGaman

KaeruGaman

this morning I had no connection again... I'm used to it meanwhile.

here what the "Tutorial Projects" page of the HUB looks like when offline:
    https://gallery.yhoko.com/pic/8bxvw/unityhub_offline/

and this is how it looks when online:
    https://gallery.yhoko.com/pic/1x3rr/unityhub_online/

as can plainly be seen, the four projects with the "Start" button should be avaliable when offline, not the others.

this makes it impossible to download tutorials while you have connection and learning them while offline.