Search Unity

Unity hub is taking a long time to install

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ashu777, Aug 31, 2019.

1. ashu777

ashu777

i am new to unity.i downloaded unity hub for personal use. Then inside installs i selected the latest unity version and installation started but it continues for a long time showing installing around 1 hour. what to do? i am installing n windows 10 64 bit laptop.

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

What options did you select for Unity? How fast is your Internet?

3. ashu777

ashu777

i selected unity personal, in install selected unity 2019.2.3f1 and then selected microsoft visual studio community 2019,android build support, webGl build support and documentation and internet speed is 12 mbps.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

I trust that it is done downloading by now!

5. Ryiah

Ryiah

Whoops. Totally forgot about this thread. My only guess is that one of the steps your connection goes through to reach the servers that hold the data files is causing problems. I have this from time to time myself. My connection has at least one dozen hops it must make to reach their servers and every once in a while one of those steps gets clogged.

My recommendation is to try one of the torrent downloads to see if this helps any. You can get the torrents from the link below by clicking on either "Downloads (Win)" or "Downloads (Mac)" and selecting the torrent option. Once you've installed them manually you can use the "Locate" option in the hub to select the editor.

https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive

6. Zukka

Zukka

Hello.I'm a new user and I'm stuck.
    I followed this path : Free Personal Use > New User Template and now it's 4 hours I'm waiting the "Launch Unity Button" to appear.
    I'm running at 15.0 Mbps...Can someone help me to understand how much time I should expect to pass before to consider it Stuck ??

Many Thanks in advance

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

About 10 minutes, and I would try something else. And probably best to start a new thread for this new issue.

8. Zukka

Zukka

ok thx.
    Still nothing ...

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Yep, time to move on.