Search Unity

[Unity Hub] If the installation path is invalid, where does the downloaded Unity files go?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by ConfusedCactus, Mar 12, 2020.

1. ConfusedCactus

ConfusedCactus

Hello,
    I tried to install Unity 2019.3 on my Windows PC, as I've just realised, I had entered an invalid path name for the installation location. The files were downloaded nevertheless and Unity tried to install anyway without telling me the path is invalid. I would like to cleanup those downloaded files, however, I don't know where they are.

Many thanks for everyone's help!

2. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello @ConfusedCactus !
    Thanks for the feedback, the HUB team is aware of the missing user feedback about invalid install paths and we are working on fixing the design soon :)
    As for the installation that you don't know where it went, if you open your installs tab and find that installed editor card, click on the three dots button and you will have the option to open the editor in the finder, it will take you to the folder in which the editor was installed.

3. ConfusedCactus

ConfusedCactus

Hey there! Thanks for the suggestion. I cannot find anything apart from the successfully installed Unity editors...:(

In my case, I set the editor path to be an external hard drive's and yet the hard drive was not connected, which caused the invalid path error. However, the files were still downloaded and I checked temp folder, localapp, locallow and roaming folder, but there is nothing there. I still cannot find the downloads...

It will be nice if Unity Hub can check if the path is valid before downloading anything.;)

4. ConfusedCactus

ConfusedCactus

I found the downloaded files now, it is just in the temp folder, starting with "unityhub" plus a long sequence number

safaGH likes this.
  5. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Oh, so the installation has failed already, I thought you managed to install it... Yes, we will work on that feature as soon as we can :)