Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hub - First Use - Feedback and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by batate, May 15, 2018.

1. batate

batate

Hello, I just installed Unity Hub 0.16.0 to try it out. Thanks. Some points I note on this first use...

a) There seems to be two folders created in the AppData\Roaming directory...
    C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub
    C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Unity Hub (with a space)

b) The components selected reverts to the default items being ticked on each install selected, rather than keeping the previously selected components as is done by the current single system installers. E.g. I always select WebGL component but its unticked on every install and its easy to miss including it meaning an extra component install is needed later. Suggestion is to make the selected components sticky as in current single version installers.

c) The suggestion made by others to have an option under the actions available for each project to simply "hide" a project form the list without the old trick of renaming it in its original location would be helpful. The term "delete" might be dangerous as it may not be clear if it was being removed from the hub list or deleted from its original location.