Search Unity

Unity Hub feedback

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Deleted User, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Charles_Beauchemin

I just updated to the version 1.5.0 and it appears that at least three things have not been solved:
    • I don't have any project on the cloud but the hub announces that it "failed to load the cloud projects",
    • the "BullseyeCoverageError.txt" file is still created in my home "C:\Users\Username",
    • the two folders "Unity Hub" and "UnityHub" are still created in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming".

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2019
    Grumpy-Dot and P_Jong like this.
  2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi APSchmidt,

Regarding the cloud projects, it was reported by our users that the loading icon will keep loading in some cases. We could not reproduce the issue, so we (1) added some logs to our code, (2) catch the exception and show the alert that you are referring to. Thanks to the logs, we identified the root cause of the issue, and the fix is waiting for 1.6 release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regarding the BullseyeCoverageError, we are still investigating why this file is created. We'll keep you posted on that.

Regarding the two folders on Windows, it is an open bug on the electron framework (https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/11858)
    While we are waiting for this fix, we also trying to upgrade the version of the electron that we are using to be able to be able to ship fixes like this as soon as we can.

Best,
    Afshin

Deleted User likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Just updated to version 1.6.0:
    • the "failed to load the cloud projects" no longer appears, yeah! :D
    • the "BullseyeCoverageError.txt" file is no longer created in my home "C:\Users\Username", yeah! :D
    Good job!

But:
    • the two folders "Unity Hub" and "UnityHub" are still created in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming"...

4. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,
    First of all, thanks a lot for your support and responses on this forum. <3
    Regarding the extra folder in the windows, it is an open issue on electron for a while! I will add a task to follow up or find a workaround and get rid of the extra one.

Best,
    Afshin

Deleted User likes this.
  5. Waterlane

Waterlane

It might be useful to have hub list the versions of hub available (a bit like package manager does) - thinking this after reading APSchmidt's comment above...