Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Unity Hub FAQ

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by joeksy, Jan 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Q: Is it possible to bypass Unity Hub?
    A: Yes, it is always possible to launch Unity Editor directly into the project with command-line argument `-projectPath <pathname>`: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

Q: How do I change the Unity versions installation path?
    A: Installation path may be changed using the icon.

Q: Some of my Unity versions have the “Remove from list“ instead of “Add Component” and “Uninstall” options, why is that?
    A: Only Unity versions installed using Unity Hub may add a component or uninstall. Versions added using the “Locate a Version” option may only be removed from the list.

Q: Where can I find the Unity Hub logs?
    A: Logs are here:
    • Windows: `%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs`
    • Mac: `~/Library/Application support/UnityHub/logs`
    • Linux: `~/.config/UnityHub/logs`
    Q: How do I report a bug?
    A:
    • Tray menu > Report a bug
    • My Account > Report a bug
    Q: I don't get updates, what should I do?
    A:
    1. Restart the Hub by using “Quit Unity Hub” from the tray menu and start Unity Hub again. Wait for a few minutes depending on your network speed
    2. Last resort: Unity Hub program data folder, but you will lose your located editors and some other configs like install location. Unity Hub program data folder is here:
      - Windows: `%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub`
      - Mac: `~/Library/Application support/UnityHub`
      - Linux: `~/.config/UnityHub`
    Q: Why are there two Unity Hub program data folders, “Unity Hub” and “UnityHub”?
    A: This is a known issue, where “Unity Hub” is automatically generated based on application name. We are using “UnityHub” as our program data folder

Q: I cannot activate my license, what should I do?
    A:
    1. Restart the Hub by using “Quit Unity Hub” from tray menu and start Unity Hub again
    2. Remove the license file:
      - Windows: `C:\ProgramData\Unity\Unity_lic.ulf`
      - Mac: `Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Unity/Unity_lic.ulf`
    3. Contact support by email: support@unity3d.com

Q: My installation failed, what should I do?
    A:
    1. Make sure you are connected to the network
    2. If using a slower network, download editor first, and add components later
    3. Behind a VPN? Make sure unity3d.com is accessible
    4. Make sure your account has proper permission to write to the installation folder
    5. Report a bug
    Q: Linux Installation of component failed, what should I do?
    A: Make sure 7z is installed. (On Ubuntu: `sudo apt-get install p7zip-full`)

Q: On Windows, auto-update of the hub removed all my editors!
    A: Make sure you are not storing the editors under the Unity Hub program folder path (“C:\Program Files\Unity Hub” by default)

Q: Why is Unity Hub on Mac OS asking unexpected permissions such as access to Photos or Calendar?
    A: MacOS Mojave will prompt you to give Unity Hub various access permissions because it is the parent process of your Unity editor projects that use those permissions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
unityunity