Search Unity

Unity Hub FAQ

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by joeksy, Jan 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Q: Is it possible to bypass Unity Hub?
    A: Yes, it is always possible to launch Unity Editor directly into the project with command-line argument `-projectPath <pathname>`: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

Q: How do I change the Unity versions installation path?
    A: Installation path may be changed using the icon.

Q: Some of my Unity versions have the “Remove from list“ instead of “Add Component” and “Uninstall” options, why is that?
    A: Only Unity versions installed using Unity Hub may add a component or uninstall. Versions added using the “Locate a Version” option may only be removed from the list.

Q: Where can I find the Unity Hub logs?
    A: Logs are here:
    • Windows: `%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs`
    • Mac: `~/Library/Application support/UnityHub/logs`
    • Linux: `~/.config/UnityHub/logs`
    Q: How do I report a bug?
    A:
    • Tray menu > Report a bug
    • My Account > Report a bug
    Q: I don't get updates, what should I do?
    A:
    1. Restart the Hub by using “Quit Unity Hub” from the tray menu and start Unity Hub again. Wait for a few minutes depending on your network speed
    2. Last resort: Unity Hub program data folder, but you will lose your located editors and some other configs like install location. Unity Hub program data folder is here:
      - Windows: `%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub`
      - Mac: `~/Library/Application support/UnityHub`
      - Linux: `~/.config/UnityHub`
    Q: Why are there two Unity Hub program data folders, “Unity Hub” and “UnityHub”?
    A: This is a known issue, where “Unity Hub” is automatically generated based on application name. We are using “UnityHub” as our program data folder

Q: I cannot activate my license, what should I do?
    A:
    1. Restart the Hub by using “Quit Unity Hub” from tray menu and start Unity Hub again
    2. Remove the license file:
      - Windows: `C:\ProgramData\Unity\Unity_lic.ulf`
      - Mac: `Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Unity/Unity_lic.ulf`
    3. Contact support by email: support@unity3d.com

Q: My installation failed, what should I do?
    A:
    1. Make sure you are connected to the network
    2. If using a slower network, download editor first, and add components later
    3. Behind a VPN? Make sure unity3d.com is accessible
    4. Make sure your account has proper permission to write to the installation folder
    5. Report a bug
    Q: Linux Installation of component failed, what should I do?
    A: Make sure 7z is installed. (On Ubuntu: `sudo apt-get install p7zip-full`)

Q: On Windows, auto-update of the hub removed all my editors!
    A: Make sure you are not storing the editors under the Unity Hub program folder path (“C:\Program Files\Unity Hub” by default)

Q: Why is Unity Hub on Mac OS asking unexpected permissions such as access to Photos or Calendar?
    A: MacOS Mojave will prompt you to give Unity Hub various access permissions because it is the parent process of your Unity editor projects that use those permissions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.