Search Unity

Unity Hub fails installing, error "The install destination was invalid or missing"

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Barfuss, May 7, 2019.

1. Barfuss

Barfuss

First: Error message attached below.

Seconf: my working account has no admin rights and will never have. I expect from any installation software to be asked for an administrator username and password on runtime. I mention at the start, because I assume the problem being "Windows users always working with Administrator user having no password set" related and Unity Hub is expecting this also on macOS...

Honi soit qui mal y pense ;)

I tried several times, but Unity Hub permanently fails to install the base (*) system after - afaik determine - successful download.

(*) such as Editor, Visual Studio for Mac.

FYC: I start the Unity Hub also by my non admin accounts user name, it is copied to /Applications folder by user with admin rights of course, but startet by my personal user account, and so it is started without admin rights (again: expect to be asked for admin user and pass on runtime).

The error message "The install destination was invalid or missing" does not really tell me what to do.

Unfortunately this GBytes of download are not saved/cached and each try, I must download again.

Can I download manually and do an offline install??

I am on macOS 10.14.4, sufficient disk space free.

Thanks for help!

last image.png

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

Barfuss likes this.
  3. Barfuss

Barfuss

Thanks, helped :)

4. Matthew_Rouge

Matthew_Rouge

5. Majimus

Majimus

This command in terminal should do the trick for any future googlers.

• sudo chmod -R g+w /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor

It should work recursively so anywhere down the directory tree should do it too.

DoN2kcz likes this.