Search Unity

Question Unity Hub error

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by blacksidepolska, Mar 29, 2022.

1. blacksidepolska

blacksidepolska

So today I wanted to run unity(it worked yesterday) but now it gives this error:
    Code (Boo):
    1. ERROR: Licensing SDK logging callback is not registered. Please use 'registerLoggingAdapter' function from the SDK
    2. to do so.
    and becouse of this I cant do anything as unity is just a black screen
    OS Manjaro KDE Plasma

2. Sokantics

Sokantics

Same problem here on Pop_OS 22.04 LTS.
    Also, while installing with apt-get, I get this small error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. chmod: cannot access '/opt/unityhub/chrome-sandbox': No such file or directory

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Same crap here. I've been trying to get Unity functional at all on different OS's, hardware...nothing works. If it's not this error it's an assortment of brutally consistent others...I'm beyond fed up with this crap but too angry to abandon all my work that is now locked/lost to this broken dysfunctional pile of crap.

I also got the opt error on install, it's happened on all newer Ubuntu derivatives i.e. everything newer than 18.04. 18.04 is the only version that see's the hub semi functional but I can't get any editor to install. It downloads with a lot of baby sitting constantly hitting retry but then once they are downloaded fail to install with the SUPER verbose error of "Install failed: Installation Failed" That said everything the hub downloads is corrupt.

4. McGarnikle

McGarnikle

I just had the same issue on Mint 21. But I have chrome-sandbox installed from Minecraft so I just copied it into '/opt/unityhub/chrome-sandbox' and it worked.

5. McGarnikle

McGarnikle

I have the same issue with:
    ERROR: Licensing SDK logging callback is not registered. Please use 'registerLoggingAdapter' function from the SDK to do so.
    Looks like many recent distros of Linux have problems with the Unity Hub...

6. DanteMarshal

DanteMarshal

I'm getting this problem on Windows 10 on two different PCs