Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020 LTS & Unity 2021.1 have been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hub - Editor Installation failed : An unexpected error occured during installation

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Nellorax, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Summon_99

Summon_99

2. Summon_99

Summon_99

upload_2021-3-4_9-14-58.png upload_2021-3-4_9-15-45.png
    This is what i get and when i change the location it says somethiing went wrong.

3. Summon_99

Summon_99

I FINNALY DID IT!!11!! I, basically uninstalled unity hub in task manager and everything then I restarted my pc, then I downloaded the hub (the one for returning users) Than i visited the download archive and following code prod's tutorial I downloaded version of 2019 3.1 (2019.3.1f1). I unchecked every add on except for documentation. Then i added everything else after downloading the original one.

4. mikebro23

mikebro23

that fixed my problem, thx!

5. aqeel_

aqeel_

So I just tried setting up the Unity Hub. Would like to share a few pointers:

• Installing the latest version of Unity just kept failing after many attempts (despite restarting Unity Hub, Updating Mac, Reinstalling Xcode, Restarting Mac, selecting some or no modules etc and different combinations), with no errors and just a message “Something went wrong“ (Very helpful Unity!).

• I tried different versions, not just the latest, Official releases 2018, 2019 and 2020 as well as 2020 LTS (latest), but none would install.

• Eventually, I manually Installed Visual Studio for Mac first (outside of Unity Hub).

• Unity Hub was able to detect VS for Mac now and was not suggesting to install it when selecting Modules. But installing latest version would still fail!

• Only 2018 installed first (finally some progress) but latest would still fail.

• Eventually, only installing the versions in sequence from oldest to latest worked, i.e first 2018, then 2019, then 2020 official release and then 2020 LTS.

• I did not select any modules during installation of the Unity versions. So I added Android and iOS Build Support modules only after all versions were installed.

6. OniFeeZ

OniFeeZ

I found that you can download the file directly if, when trying to download from the hub and you are quick, it gives you a URL when it reports an error. You can grab that url quickly just by pressing F12 and screen-capturing it. By typing that url into a download manager (like IDM) you can download the file directly.

The URL is of form:
    https://download.unity3d.com/download_unity/<hashcode>/Windows64EditorInstaller/UnitySetup-2020.<ver>.exe

Substitute the <hashcode> with whatever hex appears in your screenshot, and <ver> with whichever version you want to install.

I assume you could use firefox/chrome/whatever to grab the file directly, I only suggest IDM for download resumption.

7. paulosousasancheslopes

paulosousasancheslopes

upload_2021-3-25_14-7-39.png
    If u see in the image, there are enogh space to dowload this editor, but, when i press done to dowload it, ti says i do not have space in my computer. And i dont know what to do

8. the666th

the666th

I'm having the same problem. Also I went to the temp folder where Unity stores installation files (C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\Temp\unityhub-*RandomCharacters*) and when I try to open the UnitySetup64-2020.3.2f1.exe file I get this error

NSIS Error
    Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media.
    Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy.

9. kechyamacosause

kechyamacosause

thank you so much to the person who said remove components then add then later i am using mac and it worked and i was trying for a month and you helped me

10. Patrick_-_

Patrick_-_

For me it happens if I use mobile internet connection (LTE). After connection loss i have to restart the whole installation :/

unityunity