Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hub - Editor Installation failed : An unexpected error occured during installation

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Nellorax, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Nellorax

Nellorax

Hello.
    I recently downloaded the Unity Hub application, but when I attempt to download and install any of the betas versions, the download goes fine (I guess, since downloading something is harsh with my Internet, 300 Kb/s), but when it comes to installing, it instantly shows the "Installation failed".
    In the components list, I diabled MVSC, since I already own MonoDevelop.

TashaSkyUpchurch likes this.
  2. TashaSkyUpchurch

TashaSkyUpchurch

A team member of mine is experiencing the same problem!

3. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Sorry to hear you are having troubles installing the editor.

Can you try installing only the editor first ?
    If all goes well, could you try adding the required components after?

Thank you for your help.

Raspilicious and Azlorn like this.
  4. Azlorn

Azlorn

I had the same issue as the op. I solved it by following your instructions but I had to close the hub application then restart it for your instructions to work and it would stop working after every component or 2 that were installed; so I had to close out of the hub app several times and repeat the process several times until everything was downloaded and installed.

Sometimes the download would fail, sometimes the install would fail and it would say, "the file was corrupted."
    I restart the hub application, add one component at a time til it breaks again, then repeat the process until all components downloaded and installed successfully.

5. HanSolar

HanSolar

Hi have a similar issue, when trying to install the unity releases I get the error "the Installer given is not valid format and should be a zip or exe! I also tried installing and get a 0CX000007B error if i run the installation package.

Attached Files:

6. HouseHoStudio

HouseHoStudio

Happening right now with my 2018 2.7f1. On windows 10 64b.
    - UnityHub 0.20.1

Also when trying to install via Unity3d installer, nothing happens after the windows admin popup.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  7. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

Hello @HouseHoStudio and @HanSolar.
    Can you report a bug in the Hub, please? You can now report a bug by right-clicking on the tray menu icon and selecting "Report a bug".

Thank you

8. pcbeard

pcbeard

I just discovered that if you set Windows Security "Exploit protection" settings "Force randomization for images (Mandatory ASLR)" to ON, that the Unity Hub installer always fails with this error. Turning it OFF (which it is by default) fixes the issue.

9. mrpc

mrpc

That solved the problem for me. Thanks!

10. alexandremenescal95

alexandremenescal95

Hi, so i am trying to download any of the unity versions( 2018.3.13f1 or 2019.1.0f2 for exemple) and it goes until the middle of the download and it crashes and says "download failed - incomplete or corrupted download file". Can someone help me with this please? I have already tried several times.

black697mouse likes this.
  11. unity_OqMk-OWTcuTAEw

unity_OqMk-OWTcuTAEw

Hi there, I am having a lot of problems downloading Unity from the hub because it is always saying "installation error the installation destination was invalid or missing" after I try to download it.

12. TheRacc

TheRacc

i've had this problem too and still not fixed it

13. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hi ! We are sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Can you please report a bug via the hub bug reporter and comment here the reported bugs ids. We will look into the log files in order to better understand the problem. Thank you !

14. unity_y2cloYS6l-agsA

unity_y2cloYS6l-agsA

Thanks! It's work!

pcbeard likes this.
  15. pcbeard

pcbeard

Glad it helped. I was just experimenting one day, and when things started failing mysteriously, I was a little bit annoyed.

16. Alexbobo84

Alexbobo84

Having same problem, desperate for fix.

17. harrisonbrewer

harrisonbrewer

upload_2019-6-21_14-41-20.png

Is this happening to anyone else? A little advise would be great thanks!

18. AteAngel

AteAngel

yeah its happening to me too and its really annoying i left it installing last night and when i wake up its dissapeared! pretty desperate here. Can anyone help?

19. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello, for the current version of the hub, if the machine goes off or sleep or if the internet stops during installation, the whole process is aborted. It will be fixed soon but for now, keep an eye on your computer while installing the unity editor to check for issues.

eTech3D likes this.
  20. driAn14

driAn14

I used unity some time ago, and now im motivated to make games. I install unity hub and the intallation just stuck around 79.5-80%. I have tried a lot of thigs, even reinstall my windows and nothing helps. Even if i skip install wizard and i chose what version i want, the installation goes 100% and then gives me the same error, that i couldn`t install that version of unity. Can anyone help me? Thank you! :)

21. driAn14

driAn14

22. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

@driAn14 ,
    I see you are using the new user onboarding flow... I cannot investigate on why it's not working without the logs, so if you can report a bug via the hub bug reporter (from tray menu, cf the screenshot), it will be easier. Also, since you have already used unity, you can uninstall the hub and install the normal setup (not the new user onboarding) via this link https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download (to unblock yourself because the latest builds of unity editors need the hub to be installed).

upload_2019-7-5_10-21-25.png

23. Raspilicious

Raspilicious

This solved my problem when downloading 2019.2.0f1 this evening. Thank you very much!! :)

24. ksc_3899

ksc_3899

For anyone still facing this issue, here's how I fixed mine.

If you have any instances of Hub running, first close them. Even from task manager. Then when installing the editor of your choice, install only the editor with no additional modules. Uncheck all the modules and install the editor. After editor installation, you can add all the necessary modules.

This worked for me. Hopefully works for you as well. Try it out and let me know.

25. huulong

huulong

This fixed the "download failed - incomplete or corrupted download file" error, thanks.
    I also noticed I had it right after waking up my laptop, so I increased the delay before going to sleep.
    @ksc_3899 's method can also help, since downloading the core editor first will make download faster and reduce odds to sleep while installing. I don't know if the error can occur while installing additional modules.

26. kaizer_m_laskar

kaizer_m_laskar

is this happening to anyone else....this is happening after i skipped the installation process

Attached Files:

27. fabiodemuru

fabiodemuru

I had the same problem. May be a connection problem, with proxy or similar, i don't know...

28. nhue

nhue

I had this problem, after accidentally deleting the Unity hub.
    I Went to "Control Panel' and saw that Unity hub was still there, even though it wasn't installed on my computer anymore.
    I uninstalled it again from the Control Panel, it told me it was already uninstalled and asked if I wanted to remove it from the Control Panel. I picked yes, removed it, then reinstalled.
    That worked for me.

29. DjHorse

DjHorse

Hi everyone, I have a problem with installing the Unity Hub in my computer. When I'm starting the installation, right after that it gives me "Installation aborted". I tried every method of the posts above but nothing worked(( I also tried to install different versions of the Unity Hub, but it didn't work too. I can't solve this problem for 1 week, can somebody pls help me?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  30. terrain_farm

terrain_farm

I tried installing from command prompt as Administrator and it says "access denied". I right clicked on properties of the full download exe and noticed a message with a tick beside it.
    "This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked :) I unchecked it and now Unity 2019.3.1.14f1 is finally installing!

31. vizcor

vizcor

actualize windows 10

32. ahmedaniss

ahmedaniss

problem fixed here :

unityunity