Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hub - Editor Installation failed : An unexpected error occured during installation

Discussion in 'Unity Hub Preview' started by Nellorax, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Nellorax

Nellorax

Hello.
    I recently downloaded the Unity Hub application, but when I attempt to download and install any of the betas versions, the download goes fine (I guess, since downloading something is harsh with my Internet, 300 Kb/s), but when it comes to installing, it instantly shows the "Installation failed".
    In the components list, I diabled MVSC, since I already own MonoDevelop.

TashaSkyUpchurch likes this.
  2. TashaSkyUpchurch

TashaSkyUpchurch

A team member of mine is experiencing the same problem!

3. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Sorry to hear you are having troubles installing the editor.

Can you try installing only the editor first ?
    If all goes well, could you try adding the required components after?

Thank you for your help.

Azlorn likes this.
  4. Azlorn

Azlorn

I had the same issue as the op. I solved it by following your instructions but I had to close the hub application then restart it for your instructions to work and it would stop working after every component or 2 that were installed; so I had to close out of the hub app several times and repeat the process several times until everything was downloaded and installed.

Sometimes the download would fail, sometimes the install would fail and it would say, "the file was corrupted."
    I restart the hub application, add one component at a time til it breaks again, then repeat the process until all components downloaded and installed successfully.