Search Unity

Unity Hub - Editor Installation failed : An unexpected error occured during installation

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Micharneau, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Micharneau

Micharneau

Hello.
    I recently downloaded the Unity Hub application, but when I attempt to download and install any of the betas versions, the download goes fine (I guess, since downloading something is harsh with my Internet, 300 Kb/s), but when it comes to installing, it instantly shows the "Installation failed".
    In the components list, I diabled MVSC, since I already own MonoDevelop.

2. TashaSkyUpchurch

TashaSkyUpchurch

A team member of mine is experiencing the same problem!

DontLookBack1 and Andrew_M741 like this.
  3. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Sorry to hear you are having troubles installing the editor.

Can you try installing only the editor first ?
    If all goes well, could you try adding the required components after?

Thank you for your help.

4. Azlorn

Azlorn

I had the same issue as the op. I solved it by following your instructions but I had to close the hub application then restart it for your instructions to work and it would stop working after every component or 2 that were installed; so I had to close out of the hub app several times and repeat the process several times until everything was downloaded and installed.

Sometimes the download would fail, sometimes the install would fail and it would say, "the file was corrupted."
    I restart the hub application, add one component at a time til it breaks again, then repeat the process until all components downloaded and installed successfully.

Zephyr1354 and rabbitmankind like this.
  5. HanSolar

HanSolar

Hi have a similar issue, when trying to install the unity releases I get the error "the Installer given is not valid format and should be a zip or exe! I also tried installing and get a 0CX000007B error if i run the installation package.

Attached Files:

Daniil200816 likes this.
  6. HouseHoStudio

HouseHoStudio

Happening right now with my 2018 2.7f1. On windows 10 64b.
    - UnityHub 0.20.1

Also when trying to install via Unity3d installer, nothing happens after the windows admin popup.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    mahum_jhuapl likes this.
  7. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

Hello @HouseHoStudio and @HanSolar.
    Can you report a bug in the Hub, please? You can now report a bug by right-clicking on the tray menu icon and selecting "Report a bug".

Thank you

8. pcbeard

pcbeard

I just discovered that if you set Windows Security "Exploit protection" settings "Force randomization for images (Mandatory ASLR)" to ON, that the Unity Hub installer always fails with this error. Turning it OFF (which it is by default) fixes the issue.

9. mrpc

mrpc

That solved the problem for me. Thanks!

I4mv364n likes this.
  10. alexandremenescal95

alexandremenescal95

Hi, so i am trying to download any of the unity versions( 2018.3.13f1 or 2019.1.0f2 for exemple) and it goes until the middle of the download and it crashes and says "download failed - incomplete or corrupted download file". Can someone help me with this please? I have already tried several times.

CharChar17 and CyberScope_ like this.
  11. unity_OqMk-OWTcuTAEw

unity_OqMk-OWTcuTAEw

Hi there, I am having a lot of problems downloading Unity from the hub because it is always saying "installation error the installation destination was invalid or missing" after I try to download it.

12. TheRacc

TheRacc

i've had this problem too and still not fixed it

13. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hi ! We are sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Can you please report a bug via the hub bug reporter and comment here the reported bugs ids. We will look into the log files in order to better understand the problem. Thank you !

14. unity_y2cloYS6l-agsA

unity_y2cloYS6l-agsA

Thanks! It's work!

pcbeard likes this.
  15. pcbeard

pcbeard

Glad it helped. I was just experimenting one day, and when things started failing mysteriously, I was a little bit annoyed.

Magic_Honey likes this.
  16. Alexbobo84

Alexbobo84

Having same problem, desperate for fix.

17. harrisonbrewer

harrisonbrewer

upload_2019-6-21_14-41-20.png

Is this happening to anyone else? A little advise would be great thanks!

18. AteAngel

AteAngel

yeah its happening to me too and its really annoying i left it installing last night and when i wake up its dissapeared! pretty desperate here. Can anyone help?

MStardust likes this.
  19. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello, for the current version of the hub, if the machine goes off or sleep or if the internet stops during installation, the whole process is aborted. It will be fixed soon but for now, keep an eye on your computer while installing the unity editor to check for issues.

eTech3D likes this.
  20. driAn14

driAn14

I used unity some time ago, and now im motivated to make games. I install unity hub and the intallation just stuck around 79.5-80%. I have tried a lot of thigs, even reinstall my windows and nothing helps. Even if i skip install wizard and i chose what version i want, the installation goes 100% and then gives me the same error, that i couldn`t install that version of unity. Can anyone help me? Thank you! :)

21. driAn14

driAn14

22. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

@driAn14 ,
    I see you are using the new user onboarding flow... I cannot investigate on why it's not working without the logs, so if you can report a bug via the hub bug reporter (from tray menu, cf the screenshot), it will be easier. Also, since you have already used unity, you can uninstall the hub and install the normal setup (not the new user onboarding) via this link https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download (to unblock yourself because the latest builds of unity editors need the hub to be installed).

upload_2019-7-5_10-21-25.png

23. Raspilicious

Raspilicious

This solved my problem when downloading 2019.2.0f1 this evening. Thank you very much!! :)

24. ksc_3899

ksc_3899

For anyone still facing this issue, here's how I fixed mine.

If you have any instances of Hub running, first close them. Even from task manager. Then when installing the editor of your choice, install only the editor with no additional modules. Uncheck all the modules and install the editor. After editor installation, you can add all the necessary modules.

This worked for me. Hopefully works for you as well. Try it out and let me know.

jasmineow likes this.
  25. huulong

huulong

This fixed the "download failed - incomplete or corrupted download file" error, thanks.
    I also noticed I had it right after waking up my laptop, so I increased the delay before going to sleep.
    @ksc_3899 's method can also help, since downloading the core editor first will make download faster and reduce odds to sleep while installing. I don't know if the error can occur while installing additional modules.

26. kaizer_m_laskar

kaizer_m_laskar

is this happening to anyone else....this is happening after i skipped the installation process

Attached Files:

27. fabiodemuru

fabiodemuru

I had the same problem. May be a connection problem, with proxy or similar, i don't know...

28. nhue

nhue

I had this problem, after accidentally deleting the Unity hub.
    I Went to "Control Panel' and saw that Unity hub was still there, even though it wasn't installed on my computer anymore.
    I uninstalled it again from the Control Panel, it told me it was already uninstalled and asked if I wanted to remove it from the Control Panel. I picked yes, removed it, then reinstalled.
    That worked for me.

29. DjHorse

DjHorse

Hi everyone, I have a problem with installing the Unity Hub in my computer. When I'm starting the installation, right after that it gives me "Installation aborted". I tried every method of the posts above but nothing worked(( I also tried to install different versions of the Unity Hub, but it didn't work too. I can't solve this problem for 1 week, can somebody pls help me?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  30. terrain_farm

terrain_farm

I tried installing from command prompt as Administrator and it says "access denied". I right clicked on properties of the full download exe and noticed a message with a tick beside it.
    "This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked :) I unchecked it and now Unity 2019.3.1.14f1 is finally installing!

31. vizcor

vizcor

actualize windows 10

32. ahmedaniss

ahmedaniss

problem fixed here :

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  33. lukamoe

lukamoe

[QUOTE = "Nellorax, Beitrag: 3473497, Mitglied: 1234995"] Hallo.
    Ich habe kürzlich die Unity Hub-Anwendung heruntergeladen, aber wenn ich versuche, eine der Betas-Versionen herunterzuladen und zu installieren, funktioniert der Download einwandfrei (ich denke, da das Herunterladen von etwas mit meinem Internet schwierig ist, 300 Kb / s), aber wenn es darum geht Bei der Installation wird sofort die Meldung "Installation fehlgeschlagen" angezeigt.
    In der Komponentenliste habe ich MVSC deaktiviert, da ich bereits MonoDevelop besitze. [/ QUOTE]

34. dyl09

dyl09

• my problem is similar when i try to download it says that it failed
    • im very dissapointed i did this on my scool laptop :(

35. yigitsabriyavuz

yigitsabriyavuz

PLS HELP
    WHEN İ İNSTALL UNİTY HUB,UNİTY HUB SAY"İNSTALLATİON CANCELLED"PLS HELP.İ DOWNLOAD UNİTY HUB TWO WEEK

36. Iampratiksahoo

Iampratiksahoo

Fixed: For anyone who is facing the issue. I had the same issue. I researched a bit. What I did is I downloaded CCleaner and scanned for any error in Registry, I got 146 errors, I then fixed it and re scanned it. Next time I found 36 errors, Fixed them and when I re scanned this time I got 0 errors. I then attempted to install Unity. It downloaded and Installed without anymore errors with Visual studio, Android, MAC support and Windows Support.

Hope it helps.

37. SuperBLASTstudios

SuperBLASTstudios

So I have enough space as shown in picture 1. But it keeps showing this, in picture 2. Could someone help me?
    16045703265585991057507513342632.jpg 1604570341217610236399965671978.jpg 1604570341217610236399965671978.jpg

38. SuperBLASTstudios

SuperBLASTstudios

I have installed 3 different 64-Byte editors off of the Unity Archives as a tutorial said, the latest for 2019 and first and last for 2020. I've tried removing all the components, still "don't have enough space". I've tried all the updates on the Add button on the hub. I've tried almost everything

39. BenjiM_Unity

BenjiM_Unity

Unity Technologies

Just wanted to jump in with a couple of notes. Right now Hub is downloaded into the temp folder first. Once this is complete, it then moves to the destination location. Please note that you must have enough space in the temp folder first for everything to progress. I also wanted to share that the team will be addressing this in an upcoming version.

40. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Years later, folks still have this issue. Depressingly, this seems like another outsourced job like UNET. We wouldn't have this issue if Unity actually used or even tested their own engine. :(

And blaming it on not having enough space in 2020 where even the average SSD is pretty spacey, now, when Hub is what ... 100Mb? Come, now. Even if it was this, you guys seriously don't do space checks for installation that every other installation does? It's about 10 lines of code a jr dev could Google how to do. Heck, you can even space check in Unity.

Years later, and not even a suggestion of what registry entries to remove? What files to fix? NO suggestions because you guys don't know your own product?

I can't believe I pay a sub for this D:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    kojiMarunouchi and Serepa like this.
  41. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

In about 10 mins, I worked around what Unity QA couldn't figure out [or couldn't bother to help anyone figure out] in 2 years:

1. Download Revo Uninstaller free
    2. Advanced uninstall for Unity Hub
    3. Note the dll files (that Unity needs to check for when installing Hub, but fails to do) -- nuke em (and Unity QA: These note the files you should've told people to delete in regedit 2 years ago )
    4. Install Hub again without any help from Unity.

Please forward to Unity Hub outsource company:

1. Add space check
    2. Use Revo uninstaller to find your own DLL files.
    3. Check for these DLL files when installing.
    4. Catch and handle errors less amateur-like: This is supposed to be premium software.
    5. Test your own product.
    6. Fix your own product when bug reports have been coming in for 2 years. It's embarrassing.

The installer, this post with the lack of help years later -- it's all absurd for the expectations Unity brings.

These people are paying for Unity as a subscription and you guys can't even offer 10 mins to research this when all these people have issues years later? Can't even space check? Can't even clean up or check for your own dll files? Can't even catch errors (just leaving us with these amateur, unhandled, catch-all vague errors)? After 2 years?? This is dev 101, and we all expect at least that from Unity.

I don't know what fluff you guys are telling your investors, but if I was one of them and read this, I'd be pretty upset. If any investors are reading this: Unity Hub is incredibly unstable/unreliable/buggy and lacks even the most basic functionality -- even in something as generic as the installer. If you guys are pushing QA budget cuts or outsource without actual Unity staff being in-sync with how to debug their own products, this is what the result causes.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Qbit86, Serepa, kidult and 1 other person like this.
  42. Lorin_Atzberger

Lorin_Atzberger

@MrLucid72 Don't be an obnoxious prick.

I'm also having this issue while trying to update to unity 2020.2.1.f1. I have a few other versions installed (all of them 2019.x)

I have plenty of space on all my drives, enough to install Unity several tens of times over.

I'm also trying to install Unity only, without any of the components

Looking in the logs I get
    Code (CSharp):
    1. {"moduleName":"EditorDownloader","level":"info","message":"[ 'Editor Download 2020.2.1f1: downloads starting, total size: 2.51GB)' ]","timestamp":"2021-01-10T10:13:52.249Z"}
    2. {"moduleName":"DownloadRequest","level":"warn","message":"[ 'Something went wrong while downloading https://download.unity3d.com/download_unity/270dd8c3da1c/Windows64EditorInstaller/UnitySetup64-2020.2.1f1.exe Error: ESOCKETTIMEDOUT Error: ESOCKETTIMEDOUT\\n    at ClientRequest.<anonymous> (C:\\\\Program Files\\\\Unity Hub\\\\resources\\\\app.asar\\\\node_modules\\\\request\\\\request.js:816:19)\\n    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:282:20)\\n    at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:194:13)\\n    at ClientRequest.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:469:20)\\n    at TLSSocket.emitRequestTimeout (_http_client.js:673:40)\\n    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:282:20)\\n    at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:194:13)\\n    at TLSSocket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:469:20)\\n    at TLSSocket.Socket._onTimeout (net.js:429:8)\\n    at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:535:17)' ]","timestamp":"2021-01-10T10:18:09.080Z"}
    3. {"moduleName":"DownloadRequest","level":"warn","message":"[ 'Something went wrong while checking progress of https://download.unity3d.com/download_unity/270dd8c3da1c/Windows64EditorInstaller/UnitySetup64-2020.2.1f1.exe Error: ESOCKETTIMEDOUT Error: ESOCKETTIMEDOUT\\n    at ClientRequest.<anonymous> (C:\\\\Program Files\\\\Unity Hub\\\\resources\\\\app.asar\\\\node_modules\\\\request\\\\request.js:816:19)\\n    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:282:20)\\n    at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:194:13)\\n    at ClientRequest.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:469:20)\\n    at TLSSocket.emitRequestTimeout (_http_client.js:673:40)\\n    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:282:20)\\n    at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:194:13)\\n    at TLSSocket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:469:20)\\n    at TLSSocket.Socket._onTimeout (net.js:429:8)\\n    at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:535:17)' ]","timestamp":"2021-01-10T10:18:09.081Z"}
    4. {"moduleName":"EditorDownloader","level":"info","message":"[ 'Editor Downloader 2020.2.1f1: end event for editor' ]","timestamp":"2021-01-10T10:18:09.081Z"}
    5. {"moduleName":"EditorDownloader","level":"info","message":"[ 'Editor Download 2020.2.1f1: Finished' ]","timestamp":"2021-01-10T10:18:09.081Z"}

43. GadOleg

GadOleg

I solved this problem for myself in the following way:
    1) booted Windows in safe mode with drivers loaded.
    2) Launched The Unity Hub.
    3) Everything worked.

Nolex likes this.
  44. DanApan08

DanApan08

i have tried so man times but the instillation keeps failing

45. ahxel

ahxel

46. stoicator

stoicator

You could try earlier versions of unity hub.

Have a look at this thread: Old Version Of Unity Hub - Unity Forum

47. TiagoLMRibeiro

TiagoLMRibeiro

Any solution for this? I'm running on latest Unity Hub 2.4.2, and already installed 2 Unity editors before with this Hub. But now that I want to update the LTS versions I'm getting same error as everyone on this post. " Installation failed. Something went wrong with Unity 2019.4.21.f1" and same happens when I try to install LTS 2018.
    Already tried to install through Hub and install through site redirecting to Hub. Also reinstalled Hub, disabled firewall and antivirus (as mentioned in someone response), but all to same result..
    Captura de ecrã 2021-03-01 121857.png

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  48. STAYPUFF1

STAYPUFF1

I had this issue, I fixed it by changing the install location from my external HDD to my internal SSD. seemed to work after that

49. SqualieGator

SqualieGator

IMPORTANT: Check to see if your disk drive has enough free space on it. I had only 15 GBs free and it kept throwing the "Installation Failed" error. After removing 250GBs of Adobe cache files, I ended up with over 250 GBs of free space. Tried the install again and it WORKED!

Note: I did turn off firewalls as instructed but not sure if this is a required step.

50. Summon_99

Summon_99

I tried everything, even deleted my antivirus so i can shut down the windows firewall, i made the location to download on different drives, and I downloaded a lot of different version but nothing works. I tried downloading with archive but still no feedback, and I have have 30 gb of space so I dont think the reason is because of space. I watched a lot of tut nothing works. I get error messages like unable to download on incomplete or corrupted file. This just disheartens me since I was hyped to start my programing journey which turned to 3 days of failing to download a simple application. (Note I already have unity hub)