Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hub downloads and then gives up. Can't upgrade.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by cephalo2, May 28, 2019.

1. cephalo2

cephalo2

When I try to install 2019.1.4 with the hub, it downloads but then gives up without an error message. I can't install.

2. cephalo2

cephalo2

It worked on the third try. This time it went to the installation procedure, took about 45 minutes and finally finished.

3. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Would you please tell me which OS are you using ( I guess windows) and if you are installing the editor in an external drive.
    In general, the Windows installation takes a few minutes on our test machines, but 45m only for installation is not something that we experienced before.

It would be great if you can report a bug using the hub bug reporter and we can take a closer look into the logs.

Cheers,
    Afshin

4. cephalo2

cephalo2

I didn't see any bugs, but my older Windows 7 computer really struggled a lot with the upgrade process. I could not upgrade my project with that computer. I tried again with my Windows 10 computer and that worked. Now with the project upgraded, my Windows 7 computer seems to be working.

I think my older computer was choking on the billion textmeshpro error messages that are solved by setting C# to 4.x from 3.x.

afshinity likes this.
  5. tommyallen789

tommyallen789

Same thing here. I'm in China with a shared network and VPN. Download speed is slow. I spent about 8 hours downloading the new version in Unity Hub and then it just stopped about 80% of the way. Now I'm restarting again. This happens with assets and modules. Not everyone has a good internet connection, there needs to be more information given and an option to resume interrupted downloads. (I'm on Windows, not sure how to access bug reporter)