Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Unity Hub Download Archive

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by RageAgainstThePixel, Dec 19, 2022.

1. RageAgainstThePixel

RageAgainstThePixel

It would be great to have a Unity Hub download archive just like for the editor versions in case a release breaks. Thanks.

2. LM-CML

LM-CML

Would love to see this. We just had some 3.4.x upgrade problems recently and had to roll back many users to 3.3.0 to get them operational again.

Fortunately, archive.org had a snapshot of the 3.3.0 download but it would be nice if there were an official archive of releases.

RageAgainstThePixel likes this.
  3. mattbru2

mattbru2

4. hpr895

hpr895

Thank you, mattbru2! It was a huge problem for me. Now I downloaded 3.3.0 and changed the "C:\Program Files\Unity Hub\resources\app-update.yml" to ".yml.txt" to prevent updates. Because neither Chrome nor Unity will make me swich from Win7 to Wheendows 10)

5. RageAgainstThePixel

RageAgainstThePixel

6. mattbru2

mattbru2

No, there wouldn't be an automatic backup for each version. There are various reasons why archive.org archives a site/resource, you can see unity hubs here: https://web.archive.org/web/collect....cloud.unity3d.com/hub/prod/UnityHubSetup.exe

Someone *could* manually tell archive.org to archive after each release I suppose.

I mostly had problems with Unity Hub 3.4.0/3.4.1 being extremely slow to start Unity, so I just reverted to 3.3 and no longer have issues.

ALEXWARELLC likes this.
  7. TebogoWesi

TebogoWesi

You can go to Download Archive page and click UnityHub, The hub will open and start downloading that archived Editor.

8. RageAgainstThePixel

RageAgainstThePixel

I think you missed the point entirely. Not an archived editor, an archived hub

9. whipper11

whipper11

It says 'Unity Hub is already running' What is this

10. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

This saved me with the latest 3.6.0 update, which completely broke unity hub launch, used the way back machine to grab 3.5.2 and unity hub works again (thank god)

Big thanks for the suggestion!

sipon likes this.
  11. JianMisong

JianMisong

There is no problem on Mac. However, it does not run on Windows. When running the hub, a pop-up appears saying a serious error has occurred.

12. illa3d

illa3d

I've found a way to revert Unity Hub 3.6.0 to 3.5.2 without the Plastic SCM integration and to stop auto-updates.
    @Unity, please give options to turn off unwanted hub features, you really won't sell Plastic SCM to me since I'm already in love with Git.

Cheers!