Search Unity

Unity Hub does't open

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by GingerTails, Feb 5, 2020.

1. GingerTails

GingerTails

Hi, i already tried to find a solution in other threads but without success.

I installed yesterday Unity Hub and Unity Editor. When i tried to open up Unity , it asked me to install the Hub, even if it is already installed. I went through the logs folder of the Hub but anything was inside it, just an empty folder.

Anyone can help me to solve my problem?
    btw i m using windows 10 already updated if it can help u

2. Unitybyte

Unitybyte

Unity Technologies

Hi GingerTails,

Can you "report a bug" from the Unity Hub Bug Reporter? (top-right icon in the Hub)
    This will help us investigate the issue in more depth.

Thanks!

3. GingerTails

GingerTails

I can't click any icon in the Hub, cause it doesn't ope

4. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Can you try opening the hub application alone without opening any Unity editor ? Maybe you are behind a certain firewall and you need to enable the app to run. If it didn't work please uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the hub again and then come back to us :)

5. GingerTails

GingerTails

Ok, i tried to open it without opening the Unity editor, so i reinstalled the latest version of unity Hub but same problem, no logs too.
    I tried to disable the windows firewall but anything changed =/

6. GingerTails

GingerTails

so i have to think that nobody can help me and just find another way to do what i did with unity before?

7. Unitybyte

Unitybyte

Unity Technologies

Oh yeah, what was I thinking? Sorry about that.

When you checked the logs, did you look in this path?
    %APPDATA%\Roaming\UnityHub\logs

Note that it's "UnityHub" without a space. There is another folder named "Unity Hub" with a space and it also has a logs folder.

8. Unitybyte

Unitybyte

Unity Technologies

Another thing you could try is deleting the UnityHub directory entirely from %APPDATA% after uninstalling the Hub. Maybe it contains some corrupted data that is preventing the Hub from opening.

That directory does not seem to remove itself when uninstalling the Hub. It's worth a try.
    If you want, make a backup of that directory before removing it.

safaGH likes this.
  9. GingerTails

GingerTails

I tried uninstall Unity Hub, delete dhe folder "Unity Hub" in the appdata and tried to reainstall it. Everytime it creates me a folder called "Unity Hub" instead of "UnityHub". I tried to rename the install folder without spaces, but nothing happens...

10. edwincc

edwincc

I don't know whether I should open my own thread, but I am experiencing the same issue, except I'm using Ubuntu 19.10

11. GingerTails

GingerTails

Probably no one will help us. I'm using an older version from 2017 right now, to make Unity works. But honestly i wanted to use the latest one =/

12. GingerTails

GingerTails

So, really no one had a solution or any idea for that? I was thinking about a problem with process conflicts, but Unity Hub doesn't want to be showed even in the process list =/

13. Unitybyte

Unitybyte

Unity Technologies

Is there anything appearing in your system event logs (Windows Event Viewer)?
    It's really hard to figure out what is wrong without any information we can work with.

By the way, Unity Hub v2.3.0 was released just yesterday. See if that helps!

14. GingerTails

GingerTails

With new ver. of the Hub now i'm able to open it, but now Unity give me back an error about the packageManager, my god.

15. Unitybyte

Unitybyte

Unity Technologies

I'm glad the Unity Hub issue is resolved.

What is the package manager error saying? Is it specific to your project?

16. GingerTails

GingerTails

unity's trying to start the "server" then it says that maybe my antivirus is blocking the unityPackageManager. i Deactivated my firewall (i don't have antivirus installed right now), and now it says an error about the local host 127. So i found a way to start Unity with an external file, that : set UNITY_NOPROXY=localhost,127.0.0.1
    but still the same problem...So in this moment i don't know what to think. Is it a problem form firewall or something else, or about proxy? cause unity is like "oh ok, today i want to show him another error =D"

17. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello @GingerTails ,
    It seems like you are behind a certain proxy setup, can you check that you set these environment variables well :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Environment variables honored by Unity:
    2. - Define the Proxy server URL: UNITY_PROXYSERVER (for Unity itself), HTTP_PROXY/HTTPS_PROXY (for Hub/UPM)
    3. - Define non-proxied URLs: UNITY_NOPROXY (for Unity itself; if set, it must include localhost,127.0.0.1, as well), and HTTP_NOPROXY/HTTPS_NOPROXY (for Hub/UPM)
    PS : UPM is Unity Package Manager