Search Unity

Unity Hub doesn't uninstall properly in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by twhittaker, May 15, 2018.

1. twhittaker

twhittaker

Unity hub doesn't show up in windows "Programs and Features" and can't be uninstalled via "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features". In must be manually uninstalled in the UnityHub folder.

This is separate from the issue of Unity Hub not allowing previously installed versions to uninstall even after adding them manually to the installed list

2. Player7

Player7

I was just going to mention the same issue.. pretty bad something like a preview doesn't even come with an uninstaller..

Not like previews are the most stablest bug free pieces of software and yet here we go an installer without a clean way to remove it.

twhittaker likes this.
  3. Player7

Player7

I'm just going to say that I actually did find an uninstaller for the unity hub.. no it wasn't in the startmenu, and no it wasn't in the system program uninstall list... it was in the install directory of the unity hub folder....was about to just delete the folder and thought I'd look inside it when I noticed it.

yup.. not really happy with the current way unity have been doing things tbh.. is all very thoughtless imo, like they just throw things out who cares if its so buggy and completely prevents an end user from even doing anything. (see my other posts with recent problems with unity lately)