Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hub Doesn't Remember Added Unity Version

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by AdamLiu, Oct 10, 2019.

1. AdamLiu

AdamLiu

Sigh, Unity Hub is bugging me again, and I can't remember how many times I have been here to report the bugs of Unity Hub - it's too many and too annoying. Yes, there is a bug reporter tool, but it's not only bugs but also bad designs that needs to be pointed out.
    Anyway, I used the "Locate" button to add an existing version (Unity 2019.2.8), and it shows up in the version list like normal, but after I close the Hub and reopen it, the list is empty again - Nothing there. And just when you think it's not working, the Unity Hub seems finally get the network connection right and refresh itself and now the added version magically appears!
    Why in the hell does Unity Hub need a network connection to function normally when you don't want to check your license at the moment? Speaking of license, Unity Hub sometimes shows that my license will not expire until year 2118, which is so wrong because I'm just a simple Unity Plus subscriber...
    Ok, I understand that the Hub may need the internet connection to make it work, you developers have your own reasons, but can you at least add a progress bar or busy indicator to show that the app is trying to connect to the server? It is so irresponsible to just leave a blank list and act like nothing is going on when its busy connecting to the server.
    I can't stress how much I hate the current version of Unity Hub, because it's so buggy and badly designed that it makes you wonder if Unity has hired a whole bunch of noob product manager to develop this thing...