Search Unity

Question Unity Hub does not install Andriod Build Support.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by sachinbirajdar, Sep 16, 2021.

1. sachinbirajdar

sachinbirajdar

Hello,

I am using latest version of Unity Hub and through it I downloaded Unity 2020.3.18. While downloading Unity I did not download Andriod Build Support some reasons. But later when I tried to download Andriod Build Support following happens.

1. Unity Hub Successfully downloads Andriod Build Support.
    2. Unity Hub fails to install it. (And no icons are shown Install Page post that)

But when I look into preferences, it seems like unity has installed SDK, but can't build with it. Please look at screen shot below.

upload_2021-9-17_1-9-41.png

Note : Though I downloaded Unity through hub it didn't show option to add modules. So I edited editors.json file as told here : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56817573/cant-add-modules-to-installed-unity-editors
    It showed option to Add modules.

Can someone suggest anything about this?
    Thanks!

2. Rotary-Heart

Rotary-Heart

Got this issue while using the beta version. What hub version are you using? I was able to install it using 2.4.5

3. sachinbirajdar

sachinbirajdar

I am also using 2.4.5

4. Rotary-Heart

Rotary-Heart

In that case, I'm sorry I don't know anything else to try

5. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

Hi there!
    Could you please try updating your Hub to the latest V3 version and check if this issue is still happening?
    1. Click Settings (GEAR icon)
    2. Go to Advanced
    3. In the Release Channel drop-down, choose “Beta”
    4. Wait for background download. When it’s ready, you will see a message to Restart Hub to start using V3.
    To switch back to V2, repeat the steps above, but choose “Production” instead.

Please, let me know if it works!
    Thanks!