Search Unity

Feedback Unity Hub deletes everthing in it's folder on update.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Crystan, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Crystan

Crystan

Which is quite of an issue for me because i had a projects folder inside the hub installation folder. I was "quite surprised" seeing that the folder was gone after updating unity hub. I do backups on a weekly basis but since i just started working on the project at the end of the last week, my first backup was scheduled to tomorrow. My loss isn't really the end of the world but it's a bit annoying. ;)

I'm not sure if there is a warning but it would be great to see a option that makes it impossible to continue updating without checking a checkbox to notify the user about this (atleast the first time you update it) or change the "uninstall behavior" so it doesn't delete non unity hub related files. Nevertheless, I won't make the same mistake again.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

We're very sorry for your lost data. We currently only show a warning when a user tries to set the Hub directory as the Unity install path. We could also show a warning when creating a project, but ultimately we can't prevent people from adding content to our install folder. I'll relay this to the team and we'll figure out a way to warn users somehow. Thank you for posting here!

Best,

joaoborks and Crystan like this.