Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity Hub critical error

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by MauroRobert, Mar 18, 2024.

1. MauroRobert

MauroRobert

Since today the regular Unity Hub won't launch properly anymore. I was able to get an older beta version working, which says I have no license. The log file also says I'm not eligible to use Personal Edition. This makes no sense since my revenue is way below $100K.

I have tried the following:
    - Uninstalled and reinstalled different versions of the Unity Hub
    - Removed the folders in \AppData\Unity and \AppData\UnityHub
    - Doublechecked my project folders haven't changed and aren't networked

What can I do? I cannot launch any project anymore.

2. mgear

mgear

3. pr4ying

pr4ying

I've same issue. Hub was working fine yesterday but now it has critical error

MauroRobert likes this.
  4. AGaming

AGaming

The same issue, reinstalling didn't help, the log shows that there's a problem with the license. Temporarily bypassed it the old-fashioned way. Opened the required version of Unity directly and specified which project to open.

5. Weeros

Weeros

I also got this issue now. It started with the message the personal licence has been revoked, went to hub to login, now I get the critical error that prevents me from launching Hub at all. Trying to launch Unity without the Hub also fails due to it not recognizing the personal licence that I still clearly have active. Frustrating.

6. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

Hi folks,
    Could you please refresh the Hub and see if it works now?
    Thanks!

pr4ying and MauroRobert like this.
  7. MauroRobert

MauroRobert

It's working again, thanks so much!

UnityJuju likes this.
  8. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

I'm adding the Unity Status here so everyone can have access to it!

A server misconfiguration resulted in incorrect revocation of many Unity Personal licenses. The issue has now been corrected and we apologise for the inconvenience. If you still experience license issues, please try signing out of your Unity ID account in the Hub, quitting and restarting the Hub, and signing back into your Unity ID account again.

https://status.unity.com/incidents/191320

pr4ying and MauroRobert like this.
  9. AlbinosMou

AlbinosMou

I'm replying to this message since the issue is most likely related: since today, I can no longer open the Hub, at all. No Windows update has been performed since the last time it was opened, and reinstalling the Hub didn't help either. The window gets stuck on this neverending loading screen:

upload_2024-3-19_11-36-10.png

I'd also like to join the Hub logs from the
    AppData/Roaming/UnityHub/logs
    folder, since it looks like none of what was mentioned in older instances of that issue, but this forum doesn't seem to allow sending .json files, or maybe the file is too big to be sent here. Thank you in advance for telling me where I can send the whole file.

Didn't anyone else run into that problem yesterday?

Edit: problem solved thanks to this thread, apparently the solution was to delete or rename the whole local folder in AppData/Roaming. I still don't know why this issue occurred!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2024