Search Unity

Bug Unity Hub critical error, please help!

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by cyudani, Apr 16, 2022.

1. cyudani

cyudani

i am using the latest unity hub, and a couple of days ago a problem accord in my hub, when I start using the hub it will not open and after a couple of minutes, it will say that it has encountered a critical error.

and here my story begins, I tried reinstalling the hub and restarting but nothing, I recovered my windows, I deleted everything related to unity I could find, I got to the registry, changed values in .json files, tried older versions of the hub, tried downloading unity version directly, tried reading the logs and nothing worked really, a lot of searching on the web, also I tried using unity hub offline(didn't work) and I did some more things that didn't work.

I never had such a persistent problem, and to say the truth if I wasn't working on a project with other people I would have already given up, this problem is driving me crazy!

I can tell you what I think caused the problem:

a couple of days I was removed from a unity team advanced seat and I had used a project from there but I deleted it a long time ago.

i really need help!

* i don't know how to send the log file so if you need it tell me but it says mostly :
    at rejected (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\build\\main\\services\\licenseService\\licenseService.js:6:65)"}
    (and some similar things)

* also i am using windows

the problem :

Screenshot (65).png Screenshot (66).png

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  2. nukadelic

nukadelic

3. cyudani

cyudani

4. nukadelic

nukadelic

Maybe try uninstalling it , then delete the folder " C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub " to clear the catch and then do a fresh installation ?

fareahow likes this.
  5. Nemlar

Nemlar

Had the same problem, tried uninstalling etc. and nothing. In the end I was able to fix it following the advice of rasterX found towards the bottom of this thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-hub-3-0-fails-to-open.1225056/
    The problem (simplified) appears to be that the the 3.x Hub cannot handle projects with square brackets [] in their title. After reading this I realized that I had just recently added two projects that used brackets in their name. So I followed one of rasterX's suggestions: I uninstalled the Hub, deleted %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs, and finally (this is the real fix!) deleted all the RecentlyUsedProjectPaths* from the registry (\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Unity Technologies\Unity Editor 5.x\RecentlyUsedProjectPaths). There is also the option to edit them but this was quicker and I didn't mind losing the list. After this I reinstalled the Hub and it seems to be working fine.

ameiroraion likes this.
  6. stanjames

stanjames

This worked perfectly for me--thanks for re-posting the fix!

7. Karsten

Karsten

who has still issues with this delete the whole
    %UserProfile%\AppData\Unity
    and
    %UserProfile%\AppData\UniytHub
    this solved it for me

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    GoldenEagleTech likes this.
  8. BakarIsCool

BakarIsCool

You Can Try This Method.
    As It Worked For Me.
    1. Uninstall Unity hub.
    2. Install the older version of unity.Link Below

http://web.archive.org/web/20211105....cloud.unity3d.com/hub/prod/UnityHubSetup.exe

3. If you are okay with the older version so don't do step 4 or step 5.
    4. In the older unity hub you will find the button that says restart and install unity hub 3.3.0.
    5. Wait for the update. Let it finish.
    6. Enjoy !
    I Hope It Will Help

uurha likes this.
  9. uurha

uurha

Same critical bug on Unity Hub 3.5.0. here link for 3.3.0, works perfect, thanks mate

10. uurha

uurha

A little bit more details.

When I'm trying to install any editor or any module it displays error "install failed: validation failed".
    I tried to resolve this by following means:
    • Restart Unity Hub
    • Restart Laptop
    • Stop Unity from Task Manager and restart Unity hub
    • Disabling UAC in Control Panel
    • Disabling UAC from Regedit
    • Giving to all users full admin permissions
    • Creating full admin user and trying to install from it
    • Buying Window 11 Pro and disabling UAC prompt from Group Policies
    In the end, what really helped to find older (3.3.0) version of Unity Hub in webarchive and install it instead of 3.5.0 (link to 3.3.0 in replied post)