Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity Hub Compromised?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by docsavage, Mar 19, 2024.

1. docsavage

docsavage

I've just posted most of this on another thread re the licensing problem people seem to be experiencing but it seems better to create this for other users to test their system security.

Since the last hub update my firewall has been complaining saying the server connections used by the unity package manager and licensing may have been compromised. I've reinstalled etc etc the unity hub and different editor versions.

The firewall and system security software is exactly the same, and have worked fine previously as I reinstalled the pc os via a backup image before reinstalling the new version of unity. I've not allowed the connections as it seems too risky to trust.

The editor will run and is ok to work in but without the connections can't update purchased apps etc.

This might suggest the unity hub has been compromised.

It might be worth users checking your systems have not been compromised also.

Apologies if this is a false warning but would rather warns others than let it pass.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  2. mgear

mgear

3. docsavage

docsavage

4. docsavage

docsavage

Update: Still getting same problem. No update from unity security yet. Logging into account here via unity site via browser no problem. So accessing unity account this way is not the problem. All problems still only showing via editor and hub. Not sure if this is even related to the account problem lots of others have been reporting but it's a bit of a coincidence if not.

5. mgear

mgear

what is the actual error or warning in firewall,
    and what firefall that is,
    do you have any vpn installed?