Search Unity

Unity Hub CLI - OpenJDK

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by MikuriChan, Jan 7, 2020.

1. MikuriChan

MikuriChan

Hello,

With the Unity Hub CLI,
    In the headless help of the app, I can't find the command to install OpenJDK for Android.
    Doesn't work with "-m openjdk" logic.
    Also, the command "-m standardassets" seems broken.

Code (BatchFile):
    1. "C:\Program Files\Unity Hub\Unity Hub.exe" -- --headless install-modules --version 2019.2.17f1 -m openjdk -m standardassets -m android -m android-sdk-ndk-tools
    Gives:
    Code (Console):
    1. Missing module openjdk. Skipping..
    2. Missing module standardassets. Skipping..
    The other modules are fine.

Thank you.

2. Kamand0l

Kamand0l

The same here, in version 2019.3.0f6 OpenJDK is not installed anymore when installing android + android-sdk-ndk-tools modules

3. Ericroy

Ericroy

Same here, too. Very frustrating.

4. jamiebrynes

jamiebrynes

I ran into the same problem when upgrading from 2019.2 to 2019.3.

I eventually found that the OpenJDK module is called
    android-open-jdk
    which you need to install along with
    android
    and
    android-sdk-ndk-tools

Kamand0l likes this.
  5. ics_de

ics_de

Hi guys, I found the solution. Just like @jamiebrynes kinda said, the OpenJDK doesn't automatically install even when installing the Android Build Support. In my case, I discovered the circled checkbox wasn't check. This window appears in Unity Hub>Installs>(Right-click on the desired version)>Add Modules. You just need to toggle the checkbox and click "Done".

Hope this helps!

upload_2020-3-24_16-32-52.png

6. compilersbro

compilersbro

I still have the problem !!?? It tries to install and after a while nothing happens and the check box is unchecked and also in the preferences it says "JDK not installed" ??
    Thank You !!

MrTruth0 likes this.
  7. MrTruth0

MrTruth0

I have your same problem :L Unity Hub "Download" and "Install" OpenJDK
    upload_2020-4-22_4-1-22.png
    But after the "Installation", OpenJDK still doesn't exists
    upload_2020-4-22_4-11-1.png
    upload_2020-4-22_4-11-40.png upload_2020-4-22_4-11-50.png

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  8. Ingkilla

Ingkilla

Same problem here guys. Anyone managed to fix this?

9. FayytIgnatti

FayytIgnatti

Grr. After searching online, and going back to the Java website searching for answers, I stumbled upon this: upload_2020-5-5_20-23-44.png

It seems those of us who are having trouble downloading the JDK might be in the unauthorized countries. I downloaded JDK 14 just fine, but Unity rejected it, and requested JDK 8, which is how I found this charming notice.

paruthi-exe likes this.
  10. FayytIgnatti

FayytIgnatti

UPDATE: StackOverflow for the win! https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52929234/how-to-install-openjdk-8-in-windows-64-bit-os

Searched a bit more, and found this post on stackOverflow. You can follow the links and download Amazon Correto JDK 8. I downloaded, and installed it to the recommended directory (not unity; something like c:\\program file\Amazon Coretto). I restarted my project from Unity Hub, and in Edit -> Preferences -> JDK, it had already automatically detected the presence of JDK 8. I just accepted it, and built my game.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

11. SkayGames

SkayGames

Same problem just happaned to me yesterday when i updated Unity from 2019.2 to 2019.3, is there any solution to this problem ?

SOLVED :

I've found the solution of this problem, i think this is a bug from UnityHub, so the only way is to install openJDK 8 (1.8) manual, Here the steps i did :

1. Go to download openJDK 8 (1.8) from Oracle this is the LINK : https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-jdk8-downloads.html

2. Install it after it's all DONE.

3. Go Open Unity => Edit => Preferences => External Tools => Uncheck JDK Installed with Unity and click Browse => Go to this path "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_251".

i hope this helped you guys <3.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  12. pracakmiecik

pracakmiecik

Hi previous answer almost work for me, still had some issue, but this helped me:

Download newest sdk 8 (for this moment sdk 8u251).
    Install it
    Go to the folder where it been installed.
    There should be 2 folders jdk and jre.
    Open jdk folder, copy everything from it and paste it in default unity jdk folder.

If you don't know how to find path: open unity -> Edit - > Preferences.. -> External Tools -> JDK Installed with Unity (copy path).

Hopefully it's gonna help you guys.

13. Vosko19

Vosko19

I found a solution, If you already have the JDK installed, just put the path of JDK in Unity.

Edit -> Preferences -> Android

upload_2020-5-18_20-57-17.png

14. dmax9

dmax9

I'm working on a cruise ship and our internet connection is over satellite. As such our exit node is in Dubai and often Google switch to the Arabic language as per IP address it sees it as the current location. So, this can explain the country issue (in my case). Still, this is annoying. At the moment, I don't have any VPN subscriptions to this theory.

15. scar027

scar027

I know this is an old thread, but it's one of the top results in search engines, so I thought I would share. I downloaded OpenJDK 64-bit for Windows from this website: https://adoptopenjdk.net/upstream.html?variant=openjdk8&ga=ga. I just extracted it to c:\Java (it can be anywhere you want) and pointed Unity to it like others have suggested.