Search Unity

Unity hub changes all project's unity versions on Startup

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by YuRoGameDev, Aug 17, 2019.

1. YuRoGameDev

YuRoGameDev

Whenever I open Unity hub, all the projects I currently have that were on version 2018.3.14 are changed to version 2018.4.6. This happens to all projects using 2018.3.14 and I have to manually switch their versions.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

What does "ProjectVersion.txt" in "~\ProjectName\ProjectSettings" says?

3. YuRoGameDev

YuRoGameDev

it says the editor version is 2018.4.6 however I didn't start the projects with that version nor upgraded to it.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Do you have backups of your projects? What does the same file says for them?

5. YuRoGameDev

YuRoGameDev

The backup uses version 2018.3.14

6. YuRoGameDev

YuRoGameDev

I tried to use 2018.4 however I get this error
    Win32Exception: ApplicationName='C:\Users\User\Desktop\UnityLaunchers\2018.4.6f1\Editor\Data\Tools\Roslyn\csc.exe', CommandLine='/noconfig /shared @temp/UnityTempFile-c3612d8bf0011b7469ef50a93dabd7ac', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= The system cannot find the file specified.

and this error

Exception generating network code: System.Exception: Assembly Temp\Unity.Postprocessing.Runtime.dll does not exist!

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

What versions of your projects did you try to start in 2018.4, the ones you had upgraded or the backups?

8. YuRoGameDev

YuRoGameDev

The upgraded ones

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

You need to get back to your backup projects and open them with the correct version of Unity.

10. YuRoGameDev

YuRoGameDev

tried it and didnt get any errors

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

So, what version of Unity does the Hub mention now? You may need to quit the Hub from the tray and restart it. If the bug persists, you'll have to make a bug report.

12. YuRoGameDev

YuRoGameDev

It shows that the version is 2018.3.14. Quitting then restarting shows its 2018.4 again

13. YuRoGameDev

YuRoGameDev

When I opened the project in 2018.3.14, then restarted the hub while the project was loading, the project showed that in the editor that it was using 2018.4, however, there was no errors. Closing then re opening the project shows the errors again

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm not sure I understand, sorry.
    • you opened your projects with the correct version of Unity (2018.3.14), everything went fine,
    • you closed your projects and the Hub entirely from the tray,
    • you restarted the Hub and it mentions another version of Unity for your projects again,
    is that it?