Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity hub can't open project

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Merichbier, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Merichbier

Merichbier

Hi,

I'm creating a new post even if there is other there because none of the solution proposed there worked for me.

I freshly installed unity hub 2.3.0 and a fresh version of unity 2019.3.6f.

Then when trying to open any project, it reopens the hub and the project doesn't load and splash screen close.

What I already tried :
    - Restart PC
    - Freshly install Hub + Unity
    - Remove Unity_lic.ulf as some people said it was a problem with the licence

None worked.

I attach the logs from Unity and Hub.

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

Attached Files:

• logs.zip
      File size:
      22.2 KB
      Views:
    dannox likes this.
  2. Merichbier

Merichbier

Finnaly got the problem from this post : https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-hub-2-3-0-doesnt-load-my-project.840487/
    I had a Xbox Wireless controller pluged. I don't know why Unity Hub is using this wireless interface instead of a normal one.

Steps to solve:
    - Return your licence
    - Unplug the Xbox wireless controller
    - Add licence
    - Plug you controller again

To check if this is really your problem, check if
    Binding Key="5" value is the same as your Xbox Wireless Controller.
    To get the address of your Xbox wireless Controller use this powershell commands:

Code (JavaScript):
    1. Get-WmiObject MSFT_NetAdapter -Namespace root\StandardCimv2 | select Name,InterfaceIndex,InterfaceDescription,InterfaceOperationalStatus,NetLuidIndex,NetLuid,ConnectorPresent,PermanentAddress,NetworkAddresses | Sort-Object NetLuidIndex | ft

3. HectorOrdonez

HectorOrdonez

Hello! I just logged in here for the first time to give you my thanks, @Merichbier.

I have been spent a stupid hour just trying to fix this, and it was a fresh Unity install. No answer from official sources solved this, but yours did.

It is greatly appreciated.

4. socialtrens

socialtrens

Correct answer:
    If Unity Hub can't open project that's mean the license has been expired, to fix this you need to update the license.

In Unity Hub. Go to Preferences --> License Management --> Check for updates

5. nigelmerlin

nigelmerlin

I solved my issues by changing all permissions in every unity directories and also the project folder, programdata and appdata folder permissions..
    The next step is simply to just right click unity launcher in windows 10 and click troubleshoot compatibility...
    Strangely windows 10 detected unity as an incompatible program, this is a permission issue on windows i guess. From the troubleshooting window menu lauch unity...a moment later unity was reimporting my project... Problems Solved!
    I am using the version of unity 2020. 3

One thing i want to point out is that all of unity issues are related to windows 10 permissions that Microsoft F*** with every updates...this is a problem from Microsoft
    I hope it helps someone

6. ShadowlessStudios

ShadowlessStudios

Just do this To Fix it
    1.Open Unity Hub
    2.Open Preference/Settings Menu
    3.Click On License
    4.Return Personal License
    5.Re-ADD Personal License
    6.TATA it should work now :)

Worked for me I fixed this problem this way!

pzohner likes this.
  7. FNaFfan1234

FNaFfan1234

Unity Hub will not open the project. It stops and closes during "Initializing Database".