Search Unity

Unity hub can't install OpenJDK package

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Vaspix, May 6, 2020.

1. Vaspix

Vaspix

I tried to install OpenJDK package, I'm going to this window and clicking "done" to unstall OpenJDK for my Unity 2019, then it downloads and after loading is finished, I go to this window again to check if it has installed OpenJDK, and it seems it didn't, I have the same window as before. Tried to close and open Unity hub, and installing multiple times on different versions (2019 and 2020 beta). I also turned off my firewall and all antiviruses and it didn't help. I have the latest version of Unity hub. I tried to install other packages the same time, and it works well. The only thing that won't install is OpenJDK particularly.
    How do I install OpenJDK package?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  2. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello ! Sorry for the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I am doubting that the install is failing silently and to check that I will need your hub logs please. Thank you !

3. Hiddenworlds225

Hiddenworlds225

4. Vaspix

Vaspix

Is this the correct file? Ask me if anything else is needed

Attached Files:

5. Vaspix

Vaspix

I installed JDK from the first link, I also tried to do that before, and I think I installed the same version. I think it is a 1.8.0 version, but Unity can't recognize it. "Versions other than 1.8.0 are not supported", but it is a 1.8.0 version Снимок экрана (31).png Снимок экрана (30).png Снимок экрана (31).png Снимок экрана (30).png

6. Vaspix

Vaspix

Okay I managed to solve the problem :) all I did was just uninstalling my antivirus and rebooted system (also added port 80 and 443 to my firewall before but idk if that's the case)

Behrendt likes this.
  7. fritty

fritty

Just had the same issue. Simply turning off my antivirus helped. I use Avast

ALIENPANDA likes this.
  8. Hiddenworlds225

Hiddenworlds225

Never had that problem with avast. But like I said a couple of months ago, there are others ways of doing it.

9. mushdevstudio

mushdevstudio

I had exactly the same problem. I temporarily turned off AVG antivirus - reinstalled Unity and then all worked perfect. Thanks to all above for the easy fix.