Search Unity

Unity Hub bug - missing projects at random

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by nasos_333, Nov 1, 2020.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I notice i still miss projects on the Unity Hub, seems it holds up to 40 projects and then removes the rest at random.

This is like the biggest bug possible for that system, please address it, it is a known issues for more than a year and why is so hard to just put a bigger list there ?

Please fix asap, as it is getting extremely hard to follow the multiple new projects URP and HDRP have created.

2. BenjiM_Unity

BenjiM_Unity

Unity Technologies

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, not sure how to report this one, as is not a crash that produces an error log or related to a specific project.

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Is there any news on this ? I cant find half my projects by now and is a pure chaos situation

5. BenjiM_Unity

BenjiM_Unity

Unity Technologies

When you report the bug in Hub the log will automatically be sent. Try checking under Account, Troubleshooting, Open Log Location.

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I found the bug report entry and sent a report, from Hub 2.4.2.

Thanks

Note that to see the issue must have 40 project and add a few more, when over 40 the system seems to remove a random project to keep the number at 40, the new project always appears, but another is lost from the list.

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

So seems the answer is that is by design to loose projects at random.

So the HUB is useless at this point if you have many projects to manage, maybe hopefully that changes in coming years.

"Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

The current limit of projects that Hub is able to remember is set for a legacy reason, for compatibility with the old launcher. This is planed to change in future releases. For now, this behavior is by design.

Best regards,
    Gintaras
    Customer QA Team
    "

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, based on the answer above, is it possible to know when the HUB will support not loosing projects at random and at least impose this limitation in an official way (e.g. not allow to create or add projects than allow it and make others dissapear, which is crazy)