Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hub and signed in issues with Editor after hibernation

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by CyberAngel, May 25, 2022.

1. CyberAngel

CyberAngel

I am posting here, because the staff that reply to tickets, well I am fed up with them to be honest.

The issue I have is this, and this is only something that has started happening since Unity Hub v3, I have never seen this issue in 10 years of using Unity till now.

I do a lot of development, sometimes with 3 or 4 Editors open at any one time, and generally, they are left open when my machine goes into Hibernate. Now we all know that Hibernate is not Sleep and that these two features of a Windows machine are not the same thing.

So going back to my issue.

When I eventually wake up my machine, and I log in, Unity Hub is telling me I am logged in. Anything I do in the Hub works perfectly, if I go to Unity Editor, that is another story.

It took me awhile to notice this, but anytime I try to do something that requires me to be logged in, I get errors in the console, and the best example of this is to go to the Package Manager and try to browse my assets that I own. As I get a bunch of errors in the Editors Console.

Once I worked out what was going on, and try different things for months and months, I found out that what I can do, is go to Windows Task Manager and Kill Unity Hub. Going to show hidden icons and quitting Unity Hub there does the same thing. I just wait a minute, and restart Unity Hub, when I then tab back to Unity Editor, it is once again logged back in.

So I reported all this information, and have been fighting the Support Staff about this issue. They eventually came back and said we know about this issue and pointed me to a ticket that, literally had nothing to do with my issue. I reported back and said this, got no response from the Support Staff and got an email saying that the ticket is now closed.

My question is actually very simple, as Unity Hub has an actual problem here, why do Unity support ignore what we say?