Search Unity

Unity Hub and HiDPI

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by Eraph, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Eraph

Eraph

Unity Hub adheres to my desktop's DPI settings and looks pretty great. However, when I try to open Unity (2018.3.0f2) from the Hub, the scale is back to being tiny. There are known workarounds such as setting environment variables (GDK_SCALE if I'm not mistaken) or setting the variables before opening, but these don't seem to be picked up by the editor. Any suggestions?

2. DrunkenDogcow

DrunkenDogcow

You can launch the editor directly without using Hub. Hub shows you the path of any installed editors, so use that path to launch from your terminal window:

GDK_SCALE=2 GDK_DPI_SCALE=0.5 /path/to/my/editor

(GDK_DPI_SCALE is important because GDK_SCALE by itself will result in a oversized menubar being drawn. GDK_DPI_SCALE mitigates that.)

3. kokizzu

kokizzu

is there any way to start editor without hub, since running Editor/Unity now (since Unity Hub 2.x probably) just the same as running the hub.

4. kokizzu

kokizzu

nevermind, found a workaround to prevent opening unity hub (open the editor directly on 2019.x)

GDK_SCALE=2 GDK_DPI_SCALE=0.5 /path/to/my/editor -projectpath /path/to/project