Search Unity

Unity Hub and Editor Skin

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by JBPrime, Jan 25, 2018.

1. JBPrime

JBPrime

This may be a very specific issue to me, but when using multiple desktops in Windows 10, if I switch back and forth from the one with my Unity Editor open, it partially switches my Editor Skin from personal to professional, but only if the Unity Hub is open.

I'm running Unity Hub beta v.0.11.0, and I'm opening a project through it into Unity 2017.2.1f1. I have a Unity Pro license key, but my editor skin is set to personal. If I switch Windows 10 to a second desktop, then switch back, my Unity Editor has multiple parts showing the professional skin (but not all), and if I go into the Editor preferences, the skin is listed as professional. Switching back to personal works, but if I switch desktops again, the issue will reappear. Closing the Unity Hub application while leaving the Editor open solves the problem.

2. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Hi, this is an interesting issue. I have attempt to reproduce the issue, but without luck.
    Is the Editor in pro skin when it opens and only turns partially personal skin as you switch Windows virtual desktop?

3. JBPrime

JBPrime

The Editor is in personal skin when it opens, and it switches to partially professional when I switch the virtual desktop.

Truth be told, I went back today to get some screen captures of it, and now I can't reproduce the issue myself. I've tried a couple different tests based on what I was doing yesterday, but no luck. I guess don't worry about it for now. I'll let you know if it comes back in the future and I can get a more reliable reproduction.

4. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Thanks, your help is truly appreciated.

5. Fvanwattingen

Fvanwattingen

I've been experiencing this issue multiple times a day. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a clear reproduction case. I've tried to keep track of what I was doing when the theme switches but there's no clear pattern. I just want to make the team aware the issue still persists and is probably related to Unity Hub.

6. GAMEDIA_Justin

GAMEDIA_Justin

7. GAMEDIA_Justin

GAMEDIA_Justin

This issue is still happening in Unity Hub v2.0.2 with Unity 2018.4.2f1.

8. kraihd

kraihd

This is a 100% reproducible procedure.

1. Open Editor in the light skin.
    2. Open Unity Hub and select its License menu. Confirm there is a "Pro" card.
    3. *Close Unity Hub window.*
    4. Focus Editor.
    5. Editor is thrown into darkness!

9. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

We'll add this to our backlog. We'll do our best to address this for everyone soon.

Best,

andreyul likes this.