Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity Hub 3.6.1 takes too long to activate license

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by JonathanBartel, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Games_49Wares

Games_49Wares

Same issue here.

2. Myyri

Myyri

Having the same issue when trying to reinstall Unity on a new PC. Submitted a support ticket to see what they'd say but all i got was a warning that there is a 2 month delay on them responding to tickets currently.

3. Homicide

Homicide

In what world is a two month wait acceptable from any company worth salt... wether you're a paying customer, or potential new customer...?

4. betaFlux

betaFlux

All is working again for me.

5. WoodsmanThePeasant

WoodsmanThePeasant

I was having the problem that it takes too long to activate license also. For me, I woke up with my google profile deleted off chrome. After logging into the unity asset store again, I then tried to use the unity asset hub and it worked and I have no idea why. I am now able to verify the license and open my project from the hub. Hopefully this helps somebody!

6. chrisemerson6952

chrisemerson6952

I know it is stupid BUT.... I went to unity.com/download and just plain reinstalled the hub over the "old" new version. Fixed everything up nice and shiny.

7. Xeozim

Xeozim

Chronomaster's workaround worked for me if you just want to get it working again (not use the hub features)

8. gostrafx

gostrafx

Having the same issue now version 3.6.1

9. zevonbiebelbrott

zevonbiebelbrott

Here

we

GOOOOOOOOOOO

Again....

3 weeks later and its happening all over again...
    Unity wtf are you guys doing !!??

10. monky_stud

monky_stud

Same problem with me....Unity guys can you please atleast acknowledge the problem and give a tentative solution or a time line ?

11. Djaydino

Djaydino

fully close hub, then Disabling internet and open hub worked for me.
    pressing x on the app will not fully close unity hub (it will still be active, check hidden icons)

12. altepTest

altepTest

this must be the most idiotic DRM system I've ever encountered.

I can confirm it works, somehow disabling internet makes the hub found out that I am logged in and I have a license. But being online and having the DRM server down blocks everything. Sound logic here unity devs. Bravo, a round of applause

13. lethargjc

lethargjc

I've just downloaded unity and it's almost three days that I redo the download of unity editor and it still can't conclude .what should I do???????