Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity Hub 3.6.0 Unable To Launch!

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Deleted User, Oct 26, 2023.

?

Are you facing issues with unity hub version 3.6.0?

1. Yes

95.8%
  2. No

4.2%
  1. Deleted User

Deleted User

When I updated my unity hub from version 3.5.2 to 3.6.0 it wasn't launching at all, first it was just stuck at loading screen then it gave me an error that unity hub is unable to launch. First I thought that its the issue with wrong installation, but, no! I even re-installed it but nothing's happening its stuck at the same loading screen and its happening with the recent new version of unity hub which is 3.6.0. I also cannot move my hub window, its just stuck there. Like, what's even happening? I see, many people are facing the same issue but unity is doing nothing, like we have dead lines man. Dear unity team, please fix this issue as soon as possible. Thanks

2. unity_F96387BB369D6F664AC2

unity_F96387BB369D6F664AC2

3. AlainBirchmeier

AlainBirchmeier

Same here....
    From logs seems the hub can't reach servers :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Unhandled promise rejection, reason: Timeout! Cannot connect to Licensing Client within 60000ms\n\tstack ConnectionLost: Timeout! Cannot connect to Licensing Client within 60000ms\n    at IpcError.fromType (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\node_modules\\@licensing\\licensing-sdk\\lib\\core\\ipc\\ipcBase.js:106:16)\n    at RequestIpc.waitForConnection (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\node_modules\\@licensing\\licensing-sdk\\lib\\core\\ipc\\ipcBase.js:36:152)\n    at LicensingSdk.getMachineId (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\node_modules\\@licensing\\licensing-sdk\\lib\\core\\licensingSdk.js:75:35)\n    at LicensingSdk.<anonymous> (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\build\\main\\services\\licenseService\\licensingSdk.js:122:86)\n    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)\n    at C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\build\\main\\services\\licenseService\\licensingSdk.js:31:71\n    at new Promise (<anonymous>)\n    at __awaiter (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\build\\main\\services\\licenseService\\licensingSdk.js:27:12)\n    at LicensingSdk.getMachineId (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\build\\main\\services\\licenseService\\licensingSdk.js:121:16)\n    at CloudAnalytics.<anonymous> (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\build\\main\\services\\cloudAnalytics\\cloudAnalytics.js:102:56)

The_Swiss_Guy and Deleted User like this.
  4. CyberAngel

CyberAngel

Anyone know where to download the previous version of Unity Hub, I can't find it anywhere on there website.

5. The_Swiss_Guy

The_Swiss_Guy

6. CyberAngel

CyberAngel

7. nihits

nihits

8. cmembrez

cmembrez

Similar issue as original post.

I reported my bug yesterday to Unity. If it helps anyone to solve the issue, I attached here my info-log.json (as .txt, on Windows 11 from C: \ Users \ <username> \ AppData \ Roaming \ UnityHub \ logs). The errors seem similar to the one reported by AlainBirchmeier above.

Thanks @The_Swiss_Guy , the archive.org link worked like a charm for me!

Attached Files:

The_Swiss_Guy likes this.
  9. ecentinela

ecentinela

Same problem here.

My log says something related with the license, but after removing everything (unity, hub, license, appdata, etc.) andn reinstalling everything, it still fails.

Any ideas?

Failed to launch licensing client: Error: exit code: 5, pid: 25248

Failed to connect to primary pipe: 'Unity-LicenseClient-ecent, pid: 25248

Failed to launch licensing client: Error: exit code: 5, pid: 25336

Failed to connect to secondary pipe: 'Unity-LicenseClient-yCrP-2SNFPjQEg95w4f4v, pid: 25336

10. The_Swiss_Guy

The_Swiss_Guy

Here's mine :confused:

Code (JavaScript):
    1. {"timestamp":"2023-10-27T21:28:28.592Z","level":"info","moduleName":"LicensingSdkService","message":"[ 'Get all entitlement groups' ]"}
    2. {"timestamp":"2023-10-27T21:28:28.592Z","level":"warn","moduleName":"LicensingSdkService","message":"[ 'Failed with ipc error type: ConnectionLost, pid: 49128' ]"}
    3. {"timestamp":"2023-10-27T21:28:28.592Z","level":"error","moduleName":"LicensingSdkService","message":"[ 'An unexpected error occurred while trying to get all entitlement groups detail' ]"}
    4. {"timestamp":"2023-10-27T21:28:28.592Z","level":"error","moduleName":"LicenseService","message":"[ 'Error while getting valid entitlement groups: ConnectionLost: Timeout! Cannot connect to Licensing Client within 60000ms' ]"}
    5. {"timestamp":"2023-10-27T21:28:28.592Z","level":"error","moduleName":"LicenseService","message":"[ \"Error while getting all entitlement groups: TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'map')\" ]"}

11. MosquitoParadiseGames

MosquitoParadiseGames

12. Lachbok

Lachbok

I've been dealing with this same issue for a few days now, I had submitted a crash/bug report to Unity when it initially happened after installing 3.6.0, with my editor logs attached. They got back to me within a day, saying that they know about this issue already, and gave me a link to the HUBX-850 issue (https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/HUBX-850). They also gave me the advice to do a clean reinstall and backup my "editors.json" file in “C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub”. I attempted but my old files kept coming back, I suspect that might have been an issue with my PC though. But reinstalling using the 3.5.2 setup seems to have worked.

13. cmembrez

cmembrez

FYI, the last version 3.6.1-beta.1 solves the problem for me: the Unity Hub starts again normally.

14. wlad_s

wlad_s

15. Chris45215

Chris45215

I have the same issue - except it was when updating from 2.4.5 to 3.6 (this is on a computer I don't use as often). I even did an uninstall and fresh install of Unity Hub, and it wouldn't launch.

I recall having a similar issue on a different computer a while ago. I think the problem was with the names of my existing projects - one of them contained a character that made the Hub hang during startup - in this case, that character is a period, but there may be other characters that cause issues as well. I think the solution was to modify the Hub's local saved data, to remove the offending projects - but I cannot recall where that data is. And I believe that simply renaming the projects themselves may not be sufficient, as the Hub stores that info locally (that's how it is able to handle the fact that you may have projects in different directories).

This should be a simple problem for Unity to reproduce, test for, and handle - and I am surprised that it has not been addressed.

16. Chris45215

Chris45215

Here is a potential solution.

1: Set Unity Hub to start in Administrator mode (either by right-clicking and selecting Run As Administrator when launching it, or by setting it in the Windows Properties -> Compatibility tab).

2: Rename/delete/replace your UnityHub local folder, and then re-install Unity Hub. This folder is saved to C:\Users\<YOUR_NAME>\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub. Personally, I rename that folder to "UnityHub-Broken", that way I still have it, but the hub creates a new one when you do the fresh install.

You may need to log into Unity again when launching it, and that can be a hassle if you have adblock or privacy plugins, but it's not too bad.

Ufol likes this.
  17. kekechi03

kekechi03

Please try updating the version of Unity.
    However, there is likely a version of Unity Hub that is suitable for the version of Unity you are using.

18. Lukas_Andriejunas

Lukas_Andriejunas

Unity Technologies

Update: Unity Hub 3.6.1 contains fixes for these bugs. See my comment #20 below (https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-hub-3-6-0-unable-to-launch.1510040/#post-9454838) for full instructions.

----

You can track the progress in:
    If you are affected, we encourage you to update to the patched version of Hub that you can find here:
    Steps to install:
    • Close all open Editors
    • Make sure Unity Hub is closed (check the system tray)
    • Uninstall the currently installed Unity Hub
    • Install the new version
    If you still experience the issue, please report here and/or submit a bug report using Unity Hub Bug Reporter (open Unity Hub > click on your name icon > Troubleshooting > Report a bug)

We have also found temporary workarounds if you don't want to update or the problem persists for you:
    • Launch Unity Editor directly by double-clicking on the executable. A window will pop up with options to Create an empty project to Open an existing project.
    • Alternatively, you can create a new project by using the command in Terminal/CMD
      <path_to_editor_executable> -createProject <path_of_new_project>

or open an existing project with
      <path_to_editor_executable> -projectPath <path_ofexistiong_project> 
    • More information about Unity Editor command line arguments can be found here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/EditorCommandLineArguments.html

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  19. Virmode_Dev_Team

Virmode_Dev_Team

I don't want to use the beta version.
    I am lucky because I have the installer of v.3.5.2.
    I uninstall auto-updated v.3.6 every 24 hours and install v.3.5.2, again and again and again...
    I am sure that Unity teams handle the issue seriously but we need an immediate solution.

20. Lukas_Andriejunas

Lukas_Andriejunas

Unity Technologies

We've just released a non-beta update (Unity Hub 3.6.1) that patches these bugs.

To upgrade, I’d suggest performing a clean reinstallation of the Unity Hub:
    1. Uninstall Unity Hub

2. Open “C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub”

3. Backup “editors.json” file (information about installed Editors is kept here)

4. Delete all of the files inside

5. Install Hub again. You can download the latest Hub installer from https://unity.com/download

6. Open “C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub” and paste the saved “editors.json” file here.

21. michaelhill

michaelhill

I followed the the above instructions and continue to get a "It took too long to activate your license. Please try again" error.

22. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

I had no problems with 3.6.0 but 3.6.1 broke my license validation:

I'm unable to work.

michaelhill likes this.
  23. Bethsheba_Ashe

Bethsheba_Ashe

Had an issue with 3.6.0, so I upgraded to 3.6.1 but I'm still not able to activate my license. Going to wait until the server issues are resolved.

https://status.unity.com/

24. menofel

menofel

Hello, I followed these steps, but I downloaded Unity Hub 3.5.2 and while it did not even allow me to install a template before, now I downloaded the template and it works for me. Thanks.

25. Emiliano_990

Emiliano_990

Hi all, I also tried following the instructions posted just above, but the license activation, keeps giving me an error.

"There was an issue contacting the Unity servers. Please try again."

Do you know how I can solve it?

26. CHRONOMASTER

CHRONOMASTER

Try disabling your internet, fully close Unity Hub, reopen Unity Hub, then open the Unity Editor.
    It should now load, dismiss any message.
    Now you can re-enable your internet.

27. Lukas_Andriejunas

Lukas_Andriejunas

Unity Technologies

We had an issue with our licensing server between 2023-11-08 07:00 PM and 2023-11-08 01:00 AM (GMT+2).
    License activation should be working now. Let me know if it's still failing.

Emiliano_990 likes this.
  28. Virmode_Dev_Team

Virmode_Dev_Team

it worked. thanks. :)

Lukas_Andriejunas likes this.
  29. artofmining

artofmining

Which bunch of idiots decided upon releasing /forcing Hub 3.6.1 ?? Nothing downloads everything just sticks at 99% .. Total shambles !!!!!!!! Did they give this task to a bunch of 9 year olds ?? DAYS WASTED and still nowhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. artofmining

artofmining

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET A WORKING HUB ????? NOTHING DOWNLOADS .. NOTHING .. IT ALL STICKS ... THIS VERSION 3.6.1 IS COMPLETELY USELESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 DAYS TRYING TO FIX THIS S****

31. artofmining

artofmining

FIX THIS S*** FFS !! upload_2023-11-10_15-32-0.png

32. george_unity710

george_unity710

I'm having this issue. It just can't seem to be able to contact the Unity Servers.

33. Stevens-R-Miller

Stevens-R-Miller

I uninstalled Hub 3.6.1 and was able to open my project with Unity itself. Back to the good ol' days, when you had to remember which version of Unity went with each project, I guess.

34. Stevens-R-Miller

Stevens-R-Miller

As of 1:35 pm EDT (1835 GMT) it is still (or again) failing.

Lukas_Andriejunas likes this.
  35. AdamBebkoFV

AdamBebkoFV

Failing for me too

36. petredish

petredish

Failing for me, reinstalled as well

37. Myelin-H

Myelin-H

My company has the same problem

38. leonard_lin_unity

leonard_lin_unity

Unity Technologies

I couldn't launch Unity 2020.3 (somehow 2022.3 was working) from the Hub (v3.6.1)

This worked for me:

Manage Licenses > Return License > Activate new PE license.

39. Lukas_Andriejunas

Lukas_Andriejunas

Unity Technologies

Our servers were down again during that time.
    License activation should be working again now.

40. scarletsnake

scarletsnake

I had to revert back to Unity Hub 3.5.2. Nothing else did it for me. I now have to decline Hub's update requirement every time I exit or else it's back to the non-functioning latest Hub... :D

41. GaetanRhinox

GaetanRhinox

editors.json does not exist on my pc though, so is it safe to reinstall the Hub in this state?

42. laimav

laimav

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Yes! This file only gets generated if you add (or locate) any Editors that were installed without the Hub

43. Ufol

Ufol

Thank you it helped :)

44. AlbinosMou

AlbinosMou

Can confirm, I ran into the same issue today with 3.7.0 and deleting/renaming this folder is the only thing that helped. Thanks a lot!