Search Unity

Bug Unity Hub 3.4 Slow Startup

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by mattbru2, Dec 22, 2022.

1. mattbru2

mattbru2

I've noticed since moving to Unity Hub 3.4.0/3.4.1 that my project has a 3 minute delay when starting up.

I click the project in Unity Hub to open it, and I don't see any Unity splash screen for about 3 minutes. If I revert back to an older version of Unity Hub (3.3 or earlier) this doesn't happen.

Has anyone else noticed this?

You can see the gap from 14:00 to 14:04.

AlgolStar and usewits like this.
  2. usewits

usewits

Having the same issue on Unityhub 3.4.1 - also did not have any problems before updating the hub. Loading the hub itself is very slow, but once the UI has loaded I can start my project with the same speed as before. It smells like a performance bug in the Unity Hub and/or some network request timing out.

Workaround: instead of starting the Unityhub first, I've been running the editor directly (for me it is located at [unity install folder]/Hub/Editor/2021.3.18f1/Editor/Unity). Then UnityHub starts up in the background afterwards, so at least you can start working while it is loading. I think they officially discourage this, but I have not run into problems so far.

If you know the log location of unityhub I can share a dump of my logs as well.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023