Search Unity

Bug Unity Hub 3.4.1 can't sign in

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by islamagdy111, Jan 16, 2023.

1. islamagdy111

islamagdy111

Hi there,
    I wanted to install Unity Hub on a new labtop (so neither Unity editor nor Visual Studio is installed too).
    It keeps saying "Something went wrong. Please sign in again.", and opens a blank page on the internet browser: (api.unity.com/v1/oauth2/authorize?cid=bf5079e5-c309-4796-8b75-d48163b0bc3b00af&event=nezt)

I tryied to re-download and re-install it.
    I created a new acount.
    I searched the internet for hours.
    And no luck to make it wark normally,
    Besides I wonder if it worked, are we going to stuck again when installing Unity editor??
    Thats really annoying and should be easy to solve. we still have a lot things we should bother inside our projects and we don't even started to sign in Unity Hub.

Please, need help from unity team as soon as possible.
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

jacek_unity63 and vivek_d like this.
  2. vivek_d

vivek_d

Same issue here, been stuck in this for a week.

Quwane likes this.
  3. islamagdy111

islamagdy111

Anyone?
    Please Help...

Quwane likes this.
  4. jacek_unity63

jacek_unity63

Ping, facing the same issue with 3.4.1

Quwane likes this.
  5. ALEXWARELLC

ALEXWARELLC

This could possibly mean the API is having issues. Dont know how to solve an API issue.

islamagdy111 likes this.
  6. islamagdy111

islamagdy111

Thank you for your effort.

7. islamagdy111

islamagdy111

Anyone please?
    Still can't figure it out...

Quwane likes this.
  8. quistinie

quistinie

When clicking sign in, it opens a blank chrome page and nothing happens

9. CaptnCra

CaptnCra

jaydenchoe likes this.
  10. LinaHTextil

LinaHTextil

Been having the same issue for like two weeks now. I also tried reporting it as a bug through troubleshooting but not even that works, it just says that something went wrong and to retry.
    Been all over the internet trying out the solutions I've come across, since this seems to be a common issue apparently, but none of them works for me. Been checking the infolog and it's impossible to get through or to even understand what the problem is.
    I'll be happy to try out more solutions if anyone got them!

jaydenchoe and Quwane like this.
  11. LeandraL

LeandraL

I have the same problem. I had 3.3.0 before and logged out (for unrelated reasons) tried logging in again, but it did not work. I have deinstalled the Hub and downloaded the newest version 3.4.1 -> same problem

12. jakobskygames

jakobskygames

EASY SOLUTION//:

I have found an EASY SOLUTION for the 'SIGN IN' and 'CREATE ACCOUNT' buttons not working in Unity hub versions 3.0.0 and above.

1. First go to your search bar on your computer and search 'Default apps'. Click it.

2. Then you'll see a list on the right hand side with around 6 default apps: Email, Maps, Music Player, Photo Viewer, Video Player and Web browser.

3. Replace the first app (EMAIL) with any browser whether it be Chrome, Firefox, Edge,etc by left mouse clicking on the default 'Email' app and selecting the replacement browser from the alternates list presented.

4. Once this is done you may close unity hub, then re-open unity hub and then the SIGN IN and CREATE ACCOUNT feature will work and a working website should pop up.

I don't know why this works but it worked for me. I set Firefox as my first default (email) app and Microsoft Edge was the default app for the web browser slot. I then closed unity hub and opened it again and when i clicked sign in, it worked. it still used Edge to open up the website which I thought was odd since all I changed was the 'email' slot but if it works I don't question it. I hope this can help anyone else.

Jetdarc, skonvolt and maxgolovanov like this.
  13. islamagdy111

islamagdy111

Sadly. I tryed this but didn't work.
    Thank you anyway.

14. scr08212

scr08212

I solved it.
    Just re-install unityhub in default directory.

15. OverTakers_Manager

OverTakers_Manager

I always install it in default directory but it doesn't work

16. CaptnCra

CaptnCra

I had this thread linked in my last post but apparently no one was clicking it. Here are the details and how to get 3.4.0 working, albeit not the most secure way possible.

What we have found is our corporate proxy solution is inspecting SSL traffic and Node/NPM behind the scenes is failing despite trying to set the caFile or the environment variable NODE_EXTRA_CA_CERTS pointing to our proxy certificate (the cert file is valid as I add this to java keystore for many solutions and it works)

The work around for us has been to introduce the environment variable NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED with a value of 0 Not ideal as it disables security but it works.

Our launcher batch follows the Unity documentation for setting proxy at user launch and has been listed in other forum posts. I have been installing unity into a root directory as I'm tired of toggling my admin creds to edit items in Program Files.

@echo off
    set http_proxy=http://ip_or_url:port
    set https_proxy=http://ip_or_url:port
    set NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED=0
    start "" "C:\Unity\Unity Hub\Unity Hub.exe"

17. shuebtcbuyanytime

shuebtcbuyanytime

Do the developers of the engine care about this at all? hundreds of people on dozens of sites are complaining about this problem, they are losing customers every day, their ass is on fire that they are not fixing the problem.

jaydenchoe likes this.
  18. jwarner0915

jwarner0915

None of these solutions worked for me.

jaydenchoe likes this.
  19. lesnombreswoods

lesnombreswoods

if you want to set a browser easily download opera gx when you log in and your in home page go to the right corner a tab will show and go all the way down. This will show a message like "set opera GX as your main browser" (am french sorry if bad engish) then normally if you click on sign in with the unity hub app it will open opera gx and you will be able to log on.

20. mhss1392

mhss1392

I tried all solutions suggested before but none of them worked for me.
    Please help !

21. firmanfirzauza

firmanfirzauza

try this solution, its work for me

22. mukesh_2000

mukesh_2000

When I click on the "Sign In" button in Unity Hub, it opens a browser window showing a popup when i click Open Unity Hub, Unity Hub opens but I am still not logged in. The login process does not seem to be completing successfully but I successfully log in to my assets store and unity dashboard.

Steps Taken:

1. Verified internet connection stability.
    2. Updated Unity Hub to the latest version.
    3. Checked and ensured that both Unity Hub and Unity Editor are allowed through the Windows Defender Firewall (both "Private" and "Public" settings).
    4. Temporarily disabled Windows Defender.
    5. Ran Unity Hub as an administrator.
    6. Checked system's date and time settings.
    7. Attempted to log in using an incognito/private browsing window.
    8. Restarted the computer.
    Despite these attempts, I am still unable to log in to Unity Editor through Unity Hub.
    System Information:

• Operating System: Windows 10
    • Unity Hub Version: [3.4.2]
    • Unity Editor Version: [2020.3.36f1]

23. lemapp

lemapp

My Mac shut down during a power outage this morning. The Unity Hub software doesn't connect. The opening screen appears and a revolving circle spinning endlessly. I've restarted the mac twice, re-installed the Hub twice. It still just spins. Other software is working fine. The WiFi and Ethernet are working properly. Its extremely confusing. Not sure what to0 do next.

24. Xelonath

Xelonath

I updated to 3.5 unity hub and it seemed to fix it

25. osama2o1ooo

osama2o1ooo

26. bhoram

bhoram

I tried all solutions suggested but nothing worked for me.
    When I click on the "Sign In" button in Unity Hub, it opens a browser window but blank.
    Unity Hub says "Something went wrong. Please sign in again."

• Operating System: Windows 11
    • Unity Hub Version: [3.5. 2]
    • Unity Editor Version: [2021.3.22f1]

27. andyvitus

andyvitus

I'm having a similar problem where I can't log in to either the asset store or Unity Hub.
    • Mac OS Sonoma 14.0
    • Unity Hub Version 3.5.2
    Error message: Query parameter is invalid. Failed to get current clientId unity_hub

28. judesidloski

judesidloski

Unity Technologies

@andyvitus There was a server issue yesterday for about an hour which caused that issue. It is resolved now.

For everyone getting a blank screen: Yesterday we deployed hub 3.6.0-beta.1 which will now reregister the unity-hub protocol handler on app start and hopefully solve this issue in the majority of cases. Can everyone who is stuck on this try updating the hub (by switching to beta channel in preferences) and see if it resolves the issue ?

Edit: If anyone still encounters the issue after updating the hub -- are you on firefox ? Does it work if you change your default browser to something else?

29. domsse

domsse

Hi @judesidloski

I think I am unfortunately also affected by this error. Yesterday I also downloaded the beta version of Unity Hub and tried it. But with this version I also have the problem.

On my PC I have tried several browsers. Normal and in private mode. Also everywhere my cookies and website data deleted and also all extensions in the browser disabled but unfortunately without success.

Currently must write here via smartphone. Here the login works fine on my smartphone. On my PC I also tried to reinstall the browsers and clear my DNS cache with ipconfig /renew And ipconfig /flushdns in cmd. In my firewall I have allowed everything for all services of Unity. PC restart has also brought nothing.

I always get an error message in the browser:
    Chrome: This page is not working. id.unity.com has not sent any data. ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
    Firefox: Error: Secured connection failed. The web page cannot be displayed because the authenticity of the data received could not be verified.

I can't start any projects via Unity Hub at the moment because I'm stuck in the login and can't update/refresh my license.

I would be happy if you have a solution for this. :(

Edited: Something else I forgot to mention. Also, when I go to the unity.com website normally and want to log in at the top right corner, I also get the error messages mentioned.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2023
  30. judesidloski

judesidloski

Unity Technologies

@domsee That seems like a bit of a different issue.. It sounds to me like an issue with HTTPS. In chrome you can click on the lock button next to the refresh button and see some information about the certificate. Does it say that it is trusted?

I'm a dev, so I'll check back here on occasion, but be sure to open a bug report for this somewhere so you can get in touch with the customer QA team who can report a bug if there is one and give you more dedicated support than I can.

Be sure to update your browsers to latest versions

31. Wrakyz

Wrakyz

0- Download Unity Hub, (if you don't have the installation program)
    1- Uninstall the installed Unity Hub in your PC (the old one)
    2- Clear all your browsing history data from the default browser and temp, cache recent etc. files
    3- Go to C:\Users\YOUR ACCOUNT\AppData\Roaming ... Then delete (UnityHub) folder
    4- Restart your PC
    5- Re-install Unity Hub
    6- Open it and you will find that you are logged-in automatically

That's all

32. dansav

dansav

Must be something to do with my wifi router, if I switch to the wifi on my iphone and it logs right in. But if I hadn't figured this out accidently I would be stuck with no access to my assets.

33. Nightshade_231

Nightshade_231

It seems to be an issue in the UnityHub appdata folder.

%appdata%\UnityHub -> clear out everything, then open Unity Hub. logs right in no problem afterwards in 3.6.0.

34. feyyd

feyyd

Same on 3.6.1, FFS Unity just gets worse literally every second that passes.

35. ghostradiogames

ghostradiogames

In my case I had a couple issues.

First, I'd installed Unity before, so when I tried to launch the new hub, existing hub data messed things up. I clicked "Sign In" and a window popped up and disappeared so quickly, I couldn't see what it was. It did this every time no matter what. Reinstalling didn't help so.

I uninstalled any existing Unity Hub and Unity clients. Deleted existing appdata Unity and Unity Hub directories. This means appdata -> local and roaming. Then deleted regedit keys, all for unity technologies under Software for both hkey_current_user and hkey_local_machine. Then deleted any Unity or Unity Hub folders in ProgramData.

Afterwards I installed UnityHub, clicked Sign in and the popup opened in Firefox. It asked me to open the app, I clicked it and it opened to "Something went wrong..." I went to AppData/Roaming/UnityHub/logs and opened "info-log.json" in a text editor. One error showed:
    {"timestamp":"2023-11-19T04:11:23.984Z","level":"warn","moduleName":"AutoUpdater","message":"[ 'Failed to check for updates:  Error: net::ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED\\n

And so I went to BitDefender, disabled the Firewall temporarily, and then tried again and it connected. There was also:
    {"timestamp":"2023-11-19T04:11:34.247Z","level":"warn","moduleName":"Authentification Service","message":"[\n  'Could not authenticate user',\n  AxiosError:

which was a much longer line, with an errno: -4092, which I assume means it couldn't connect, which would make sense due to the above, but I didn't research that one any further.

Hope this helps someone.

36. ahumellihuk

ahumellihuk

Same issue I'm facing I think - can't access My Assets in package manager, Sign In wants me to install Unity Hub, which is already installed. Unity Hub 3.6.1 Unity 2022.3.13f1 macOS 13.6.1 Intel.

Any solutions?

BigToe likes this.
  37. BigToe

BigToe

Same problem here.

38. BigToe

BigToe

I was able to resolve this by going removing the UnityHub folder from user/Library/ApplicationSupport/UnityHub.

When I relaunched it said it had a problem with my license, but I was able to click on refresh license and things seem to work...So far.

39. cf-ie

cf-ie

There's definitely some state issue w/ how sign-in works. I'm on Windows, Unity Hub 3.6.1. When I click on Sign-In, my browser window launches to the authorization page. Since I'm already signed into Unity, it says it will launch Unity Hub. The already opened Unity Hub does NOT respond at all.

What seems to work for me is to fully quit the Unity Hub instance, then refresh the authorization page to force a new instance of Unity Hub to open.

40. judesidloski

judesidloski

Unity Technologies

After signing in does it stay signed in between sessions ? When you sign in and get stuck at the browser page can you press ctrl+shift+i (or whatever command opens dev tools for your browser) and check if there is anything being logged?

41. cf-ie

cf-ie

I do stay signed in between sessions. I attempted to repro the issue to try to grab logs, but of course, it's now working as expected.

Today isn't the first time that the issue happened to me, so it's not an isolated event. I believe it happened just a couple days ago and I was on the same version of Unity Hub (3.6.1).

If it happens again, I'll grab my browser logs.

judesidloski likes this.
  42. kirkgamesllc

kirkgamesllc

I'm having this same problem with a new install of Unity Hub on my windows 10 machine.

My web login is working, but Unity HUB continues to say Sign In, and won't let me proceed...
    If I go to unity3d.com I'm signed in to my unity account in the browser.

Relaunching Unity HUB and clicking Sign In button with account already signed does same thing, tries to refer me to a url...

43. judesidloski

judesidloski

Unity Technologies

@kirkgamesllc

When you sign in and get stuck at the browser page can you press ctrl+shift+i (or whatever command opens dev tools for your browser) and check if there is anything being logged?

Is the browser page you are stuck on the one with the unity hub logo ? "Launching Unity Hub..."

44. kirkgamesllc

kirkgamesllc

@judesidloski
    yes, it's that page.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
    authorize:1 Launched external handler for 'unityhub://login/?code=nDzzkHXy3EdwRVJhRWq5Hw002f&locale=en&session_state=60714189ae5b064980737f33585c1b00b8127c93e811d6675620694b4c4f9c02.KThIW7bHO0GMg4DvV2IaPg019f'.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  45. judesidloski

judesidloski

Unity Technologies

Okay no problem there. You can check your registry editor to see where the handler for unityhub is pointing, and check if it is pointing to where the hub is actually installed.

Mine looks like this:
    upload_2023-12-4_9-30-30.png

Notice the path at the top `Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\unityhub\shell\open\command`

46. kirkgamesllc

kirkgamesllc

I did, it is there.

47. kirkgamesllc

kirkgamesllc

48. kirkgamesllc

kirkgamesllc

I think the problem may have to do with this being a BootCamp partition on a MacBook Pro that had/has Parallels installed. I think it's confused with the Mac version of Unity Hub.
    When the dialog on the sign-in webpage opens asking if it's the Web Hub (Mac). The original entry had \Unity Hub (Mac).exe and I changed it to Unity Hub.exe

Either way I don't know how to fix this

49. kirkgamesllc

kirkgamesllc

50. kirkgamesllc

kirkgamesllc