Search Unity

Official Unity Hub 3.3 Release Overview

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Gennady, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Gennady

Gennady

Unity Technologies

Unity Hub 3.3 Release Overview

Hub v3.3.0 is now available.

In this release, you'll find we’ve made several improvements, as well as introduced a survey to capture your direct feedback. Check out the release notes for a full list of what’s included.

If you encounter any issues, the best way to share them is through the Unity Hub Bug Reporter (see image below).

For a glimpse at what's coming next, or to share your ideas, visit the Unity Hub roadmap.

Thank you!

The Unity Hub team

DragonCoder likes this.
  2. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

beauty.
    can you disable single click open project?
    every time i jump the gun and apparently try to open two projects at the same time with double click ^.^

laurentlavigne and DreamersHQ like this.
  3. ukat

ukat

Hopefully Unity Have finally Fixed The whole "No Valid Unity Editor License found" error. Please!!!!! We are working on a Big project and We selected to use Unity Engine But That error is now making us regret the choice. Please fix that

mlxc and Jelmer123 like this.
  4. Rowlan

Rowlan

When will we get the max 40 projects limit removed?

5. vibas-behera095

vibas-behera095

Unity Hub 3.3 is not opening on my mac. Not getting any error message.
    I am not able to revert back to old version of Unity Hub. Please help.

Attached Files:

6. Jelmer123

Jelmer123

Interesting to see if the license issues are fixed so I can actually _use_ Unity again :(
    Nice with new features, but the license issues are a total blocker with the whole of Unity from my point of view.

7. EmilCoehl

EmilCoehl

upload_2022-9-15_12-40-24.png

Got a critical error from hub and now it's not moving forward from this screen

UPD: Reinstall hub fixed my problem

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User

September 2022, Hub is still not Apple Silicon Native. Good job ! o_O

TotallyWarriorPL and dungmv like this.
  9. EmilCoehl

EmilCoehl

Reinstall fixes the problem

10. Abraham_D

Abraham_D

Good job on the new release, team! Looking forward to seeing the roadmap items implemented ;)

cbeauche and REDACT3D_ like this.
  11. AlexMLab

AlexMLab

Same for me, it just is not opening, looks like started with a tray icon, but no window at all.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    gsylvain likes this.
  12. thexdd

thexdd

having the same issue.
    I don't understand why it is necessary to have unity hub? Is there any way I could ignore it and open projects without it?
    It's loading time got longer on Apple Silicon. Sometimes it does not get loaded at all with infinite loading on the screen.

13. Wriggler

Wriggler

Let me chime in and say that I also agree with the comments above. Having the Hub not be Apple Silicon native is a pain (it's much slower than it needs to be), and the new boot animation just adds salt to the wound. Using the Unity Hub suddenly just became a chore, and I think it needs the team's attention. The message coming from developers is loud and clear: we don't want this tool to be slow with flashy animations... we want it to be lightning fast and get out of the way. Hub team: please listen to this feedback and make some improvements. You're on the critical path for every Unity developer, and the last update just made their lives more inconvenient.

Thanks for giving this one your attention.

Ben

14. volken28

volken28

Legit none of my projects are opening. I click a project, get a loading circle for 30 seconds, and then nothing happens. Has been this way since updating to 3.3.0.

Nexer8 and Solitari like this.
  15. gsylvain

gsylvain

Just installed, unity hub doesn't open, then a critical error popup is displayed. Killed all unity processes, restarted the hub, same thing happened. I'll revert back to 3.2.0.

edit: actually can't find the unity hub archive. All links targets the latest buggy version :|

edit 2: Couldn't find the 3.2.0 link. Re-installed 3.3.0 over the previous install, this time the hub opened successfully after a while.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  16. stanleykwan

stanleykwan

I get the following error when open unity hub on mac:
    1. it only minimized and not open

2. When checking the log, there is an error:
    {"timestamp":"2022-09-19T14:56:46.450Z","level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: dlopen(/private/var/folders/g9/pctr2ldn12g6ldks961zhgxh0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/B27ED1F5-6223-4BF2-B1DF-BB3D75F5B5F8/d/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/node_modules/@edt/proxy-helper/build/Release/proxy-helper_mac.node, 1): Library not loaded: @rpath/libpcre2-8.0.dylib\n Referenced from: /private/var/folders/g9/pctr2ldn12g6ldks961zhgxh0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/B27ED1F5-6223-4BF2-B1DF-BB3D75F5B5F8/d/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/node_modules/@edt/proxy-helper/build/Release/libNativeProxyHelper.dylib\n Reason: Incompatible library version: libNativeProxyHelper.dylib requires version 12.0.0 or later, but libpcre2-8.0.dylib provides version 11.0.0\n\tstack Error: dlopen(/private/var/folders/g9/pctr2ldn12g6ldks961zhgxh0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/B27ED1F5-6223-4BF2-B1DF-BB3D75F5B5F8/d/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/node_modules/@edt/proxy-helper/build/Release/proxy-helper_mac.node, 1): Library not loaded: @rpath/libpcre2-8.0.dylib\n Referenced from: /private/var/folders/g9/pctr2ldn12g6ldks961zhgxh0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/B27ED1F5-6223-4BF2-B1DF-BB3D75F5B5F8/d/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/node_modules/@edt/proxy-helper/build/Release/libNativeProxyHelper.dylib\n Reason: Incompatible library version: libNativeProxyHelper.dylib requires version 12.0.0 or later, but libpcre2-8.0.dylib provides version 11.0.0\n at process.func [as dlopen] (electron/js2c/asar_bundle.js:5:1846)\n at Object.Module._extensions..node (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1138:18)\n at Object.func [as .node] (electron/js2c/asar_bundle.js:5:2073)\n at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:935:32)\n at Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:776:14)\n at Function.f._load (electron/js2c/asar_bundle.js:5:12913)\n at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:959:19)\n at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:88:18)\n at Object.<anonymous> (/private/var/folders/g9/pctr2ldn12g6ldks961zhgxh0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/B27ED1F5-6223-4BF2-B1DF-BB3D75F5B5F8/d/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/@edt/proxy-helper/lib/binding.js:13:7)\n at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1078:30)"}

Edit 1: brew update solve my problem.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  17. FiftyTwoGames

FiftyTwoGames

After downloading -> moving to the application folder getting the following on Mac M1
    “Unity Hub” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

18. vibas-behera095

vibas-behera095

Finally I got it working on my mac. Thanks stanleykwan for showing a direction

The problem was - I had upgraded my mac OS recently. When I checked the logs for UnityHUB opening error I figured out that command line tools are outdated.
    BTW the log file comes under
    Library/ApplicationSupport/UnityHub/logs

I uninstalled unity hub from my mac.

I had to install home brew & then do a brew update && brew upgrade
    Once brew was updated, I installed unity hub again & it worked.

19. AlexMLab

AlexMLab

yes, just running brew upgrade did the trick.

20. TJHeuvel-net

TJHeuvel-net

Why does it start so slow, what is the purpose of this animation? I just want to get to work, i dont want to look at an animation.

fullerfusion and laurentlavigne like this.
  21. seloran

seloran

For those on Ubuntu 22.04 who have problems with Unity Hub, there is an official workaround with a list of steps, but as mentioned above require libssl1.1 which may not be ideal.

The workaround is mentioned in the OP of the following thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/running-unity-on-ubuntu-22-04.1284083/

However, ideally, the Unity Hub should get patched so it supports libssl3 as well on Ubuntu 22.04 and later soon since as I mentioned in that thread that the workaround is not without consequences.

22. plotlessplot

plotlessplot

I agree with some of the previous posts. The added startup animation/splash screen is currently a bit frustrating because it adds a couple more seconds to the already very long startup time for people that are running Apple Silicon hardware. If the splash screen is here to stay, please, at least give us a native ARM version of the Hub so that its startup time improves.

23. mlxc

mlxc

hello, excuse me, have you found a solution?

24. mlxc

mlxc

25. i_42

i_42

Every launch I get the "would I recommend this?" -- and each popup I give it -1. I can't go any lower, at this moment. Can we stop treating full releases like a beta? There's no way Unity's QA budget is this low.

Although this should be in the beta releases only, if you're going to continue treating it like a beta, can we at least have an option to opt out of popup fluff?

As for this bug, this was reported numerous times when Hub's first beta came out -- still unresolved, I see.

Shizola likes this.
  26. anggaadypratama

anggaadypratama

I don't understand it's been 1 year passed but unity hub still didn't release apple silicon. it's quite annoying 'cause it always crashes or i can't click anything even opening the project

fullerfusion likes this.
  27. Shizola

Shizola

Unity Hub is where I go when I start working.
    I never ever want to see a ****ing "how much do you dislike Unity" pop up when I I'm just trying to launch my project.
    Tell whatever manager dreamed that up they're an idiot.

28. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

bugs:
    1. single click open instead of double click
    2. logo animation even when hub is already loaded
    Switching to nativehub, now that it's got live search.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  29. Miggy

Miggy

30. Shizola

Shizola

Did you install Unity through the Hub? If you didn't the add modules option will be missing.

31. Miggy

Miggy

That was the problem. Thank you!

Shizola likes this.
  32. Solitari

Solitari

This unity 3.3.0 hub is garbage, it never opens the folder, it just keeps reopening the hub itself infinitely.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
  33. AurelliaStrass

AurelliaStrass

I keep getting a hang at the spinner even after doing Brew Upgrade. Log shows this error

{"timestamp":"2022-10-20T23:18:37.210Z","level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: spawn osascript ENOENT\n\tstack Error: spawn osascript ENOENT\n at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:269:19)\n at onErrorNT (internal/child_process.js:465:16)\n at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:80:21)"}

{"timestamp":"2022-10-20T23:18:37.215Z","level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: write EPIPE\n\tstack Error: write EPIPE\n at afterWriteDispatched (internal/stream_base_commons.js:156:25)\n at writeGeneric (internal/stream_base_commons.js:147:3)\n at Socket._writeGeneric (net.js:785:11)\n at Socket._write (net.js:797:8)\n at writeOrBuffer (internal/streams/writable.js:358:12)\n at Socket.Writable.write (internal/streams/writable.js:303:10)\n at execute (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/node-osascript/lib/index.js:61:11)\n at Object.execute (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/node-osascript/lib/index.js:69:10)\n at /Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/services/visualStudioService/VisualStudioPlatformService_mac.js:27:42\n at new Promise (<anonymous>)"}

34. AurelliaStrass

AurelliaStrass

Unity Hub 3.2.0 launches fine for me but it fails if I try to install an editor.

35. AurelliaStrass

AurelliaStrass

36. AurelliaStrass

AurelliaStrass

And then it auto updates my binary and then back to 3.3.0 fail boat.

37. Azrael_Bathory

Azrael_Bathory

Im beginning to despise the unity hub... When convenience becomes infuriating it defeats the purpose of having it. I can't access any of my project folders or make new ones... I can't access my package manager from in a project if i bypass it by deleting the unity hub and opening a version of unity directly, the package manager tells me theres an error and then refuses to refresh... Why do we have to keep updating versions just to get screwed out of being able to work on anything? Why couldn't it have just stayed at the previous version, at least that one worked.

Edit: I feel like a bit of an idiot, my apologies.. After doing a complete un-install and re-downloaded everything, now its all working again. Wish that I would have started with that. But a archive page for Hub versions could still be a good idea, I don't know that a full re-install will be the fix for everyone.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
  38. Muckel

Muckel

when when finally we see a native silicon ready HUB ???
    it's such long time ... nearly end of year now...
    and the HUB still sucks on Mac .... WHY?
    what's up @ Unity ....
    look @ this guy's:
    https://github.com/Ravbug/UnityHubNative

why Unity can't do that with it's huge amount of people working for ???
    M.

rmb303 likes this.
  39. attishno1

attishno1

There is a problem with this. An OpenSSL update seems to break this completely. For me, Unity Hub is no longer working on Linux after an OpenSSL update
    This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). The promise rejected with the reason:
    ConnectionLost: Timeout! Cannot connect to Licensing Client within 60000ms
    at Function.fromType (/opt/unityhub/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@licensing/licensing-sdk/lib/core/ipc/licensingIpc.js:51:16)
    at LicensingIpc.waitForConnection (/opt/unityhub/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@licensing/licensing-sdk/lib/core/ipc/licensingIpc.js:118:152)
    at LicensingSdk.getMachineId (/opt/unityhub/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@licensing/licensing-sdk/lib/core/licensingSdk.js:68:37)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/opt/unityhub/resources/app.asar/build/main/services/licenseService/licensingSdk.js:118:86)
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at /opt/unityhub/resources/app.asar/build/main/services/licenseService/licensingSdk.js:31:71
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at __awaiter (/opt/unityhub/resources/app.asar/build/main/services/licenseService/licensingSdk.js:27:12)
    at Object.getMachineId (/opt/unityhub/resources/app.asar/build/main/services/licenseService/licensingSdk.js:117:16)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/opt/unityhub/resources/app.asar/build/main/services/cloudAnalytics/cloudAnalytics.js:96:56)

40. attishno1

attishno1

Trying this out!

41. sachinhello

sachinhello

@Gennady
    I got this error in my mac mini m1 chip based system.
    There is no license issue
    it stuck in this screen not goin further.
    You show screen for report bug if this screen not show how simple user report I find the other way to report but you have to fix as soon as possible. 2 month past unable to use unity properly.

42. lzbk

lzbk

This seems to be the ongoing problem of unity depending on legacy ssl library (1.1), while the recommanded version for many linux distros being 3. There is a workaround which might jeopardize your OS : https://forum.unity.com/threads/ubuntu-22-04-hub-wont-launch.1265963/#post-8474333
    Might be solved in unity hub 3.4.0-beta :D

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
  43. sachinhello

sachinhello

@Gennady I found solution for mac mini m1 chip based user
    I share screenshot to start unity hub without any problem its work for me now you can try

Attached Files:

MasoInar likes this.
  44. MasoInar

MasoInar

Thanks, this seems to work! I just don't understand, how it is so hard to make launcher that actually launches when you click the icon..

45. Havokki

Havokki

3.3 asked me to rate it and to explain my answer. However, only the send button is interactable in the popup, so how am I supposed to explain my answer?

Here's the explanation for the lowest score though:
    - Unity Hub takes 1-3 restarts until it gets past the loading screen
    - Still doesn't seem to be possible to install older Apple Silicon versions
    - It is really slow

Anthiese likes this.
  46. Deleted User

Deleted User

November 2022, Hub is still not Apple Silicon Native. Keep doing the good job !

47. NSWell

NSWell

upload_2022-11-25_23-28-25.png

Stucking here. After uninstalling and restarting the computer and reinstalling it is still the same!

OS Version: Mac 13.0.1
    CPU: Apple M1 Max
    LIcense Type: Plus

Help me PLZ.

Unity hub log:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:18:59.822Z","level":"info","moduleName":"APMClient","message":"[ 'Initializing APM Client' ]"}
    2. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:19:00.443Z","level":"info","moduleName":"App","message":"[ 'Checking arguments for Windows custom URI scheme' ]"}
    3. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:19:00.443Z","level":"info","moduleName":"App","message":"[ 'No custom URI argument found' ]"}
    4. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:19:00.583Z","level":"info","moduleName":"SystemInfo","message":"[ 'Hub version: 3.3.0' ]"}
    5. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:19:00.583Z","level":"info","moduleName":"SystemInfo","message":"[ 'Hub path: /Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity Hub' ]"}
    6. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:19:00.823Z","level":"info","moduleName":"setPATHEnvironmentVariable","message":"[\n  'Set PATH environment variable to: ',\n  '/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.2.7f1/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/OpenJDK/bin:/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.2.7f1/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/OpenJDK:/Users/nswell/Documents/PhantomsXR/Others/SDKs/flutter/bin:/Users/nswell/.yarn/bin:/Users/nswell/.config/yarn/global/node_modules/.bin:/opt/homebrew/bin:/opt/homebrew/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/System/Cryptexes/App/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Library/Apple/usr/bin\\n'\n]"}
    7. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:19:00.851Z","level":"info","moduleName":"HubSettings","message":"[\n  {\n    cloudEnvironment: 'production',\n    servicesUrlInterval: 900000,\n    hubConfigInterval: 3600000,\n    releasesRefreshInterval: 3600000,\n    recentProjectInterval: 60000,\n    downloadClusterInterval: 1000,\n    downloadEditorInterval: 1000,\n    refreshTokenValidity: 2592000000,\n    checkForUpdateInterval: 43200000,\n    sendAnalyticsEventsInterval: 60000,\n    maxSizeForAnalyticsQueue: 500,\n    downloadRequestTimeout: 30000,\n    servicesConfigBaseUrl: 'https://public-cdn.cloud.unity3d.com/config/',\n    globalConfigFolder: '/Library/Application Support/Unity/config'\n  }\n]"}
    8. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:19:00.864Z","level":"info","moduleName":"CloudConfig","message":"[\n  'Cloud Config endpoint: https://public-cdn.cloud.unity3d.com/config/production'\n]"}
    9. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:19:01.050Z","level":"info","moduleName":"SystemInfo","message":"[ 'MacBook Pro 32 GB ;    Darwin 22.1.0' ]"}
    10. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:51.988Z","level":"info","moduleName":"RestEventRouter","message":"[ 'unsubscribing from: project.opened' ]"}
    11. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:51.989Z","level":"info","moduleName":"RestEventRouter","message":"[ 'unsubscribing from: project.create' ]"}
    12. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:51.989Z","level":"info","moduleName":"RestEventRouter","message":"[ 'unsubscribing from: project.createTemp' ]"}
    13. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:51.989Z","level":"info","moduleName":"RestEventRouter","message":"[ 'unsubscribing from: project.openedFromCloud' ]"}
    14. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:51.989Z","level":"info","moduleName":"RestEventRouter","message":"[ 'unsubscribing from: main-window.change' ]"}
    15. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:51.989Z","level":"info","moduleName":"WebSocketService","message":"[ 'stopping web socket server. closing connections' ]"}
    16. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:51.990Z","level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n\tstack TypeError: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n    at UnityIPCServer.closeSockets (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/common/ipc/UnityIPCServer.js:51:25)\n    at HubIPCService.stop (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/services/localIPC/hubIPCService.js:42:24)\n    at App.<anonymous> (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:340:33)\n    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)\n    at /Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:7:71\n    at new Promise (<anonymous>)\n    at __awaiter (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:3:12)\n    at App.quitApp (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:334:16)\n    at App.quitGracefully (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:309:14)\n    at App.before-quit (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:74:26)"}
    17. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:55.040Z","level":"info","moduleName":"WebSocketService","message":"[ 'stopping web socket server. closing connections' ]"}
    18. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:55.041Z","level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n\tstack TypeError: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n    at UnityIPCServer.closeSockets (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/common/ipc/UnityIPCServer.js:51:25)\n    at HubIPCService.stop (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/services/localIPC/hubIPCService.js:42:24)\n    at App.<anonymous> (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:340:33)\n    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)\n    at /Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:7:71\n    at new Promise (<anonymous>)\n    at __awaiter (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:3:12)\n    at App.quitApp (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:334:16)\n    at App.quitGracefully (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:309:14)\n    at App.before-quit (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:74:26)"}
    19. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:56.104Z","level":"info","moduleName":"WebSocketService","message":"[ 'stopping web socket server. closing connections' ]"}
    20. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:56.104Z","level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n\tstack TypeError: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n    at UnityIPCServer.closeSockets (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/common/ipc/UnityIPCServer.js:51:25)\n    at HubIPCService.stop (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/services/localIPC/hubIPCService.js:42:24)\n    at App.<anonymous> (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:340:33)\n    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)\n    at /Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:7:71\n    at new Promise (<anonymous>)\n    at __awaiter (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:3:12)\n    at App.quitApp (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:334:16)\n    at App.quitGracefully (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:309:14)\n    at App.before-quit (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:74:26)"}
    21. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:56.555Z","level":"info","moduleName":"WebSocketService","message":"[ 'stopping web socket server. closing connections' ]"}
    22. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:56.555Z","level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n\tstack TypeError: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n    at UnityIPCServer.closeSockets (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/common/ipc/UnityIPCServer.js:51:25)\n    at HubIPCService.stop (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/services/localIPC/hubIPCService.js:42:24)\n    at App.<anonymous> (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:340:33)\n    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)\n    at /Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:7:71\n    at new Promise (<anonymous>)\n    at __awaiter (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:3:12)\n    at App.quitApp (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:334:16)\n    at App.quitGracefully (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:309:14)\n    at App.before-quit (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:74:26)"}
    23. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:56.951Z","level":"info","moduleName":"WebSocketService","message":"[ 'stopping web socket server. closing connections' ]"}
    24. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:56.951Z","level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n\tstack TypeError: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n    at UnityIPCServer.closeSockets (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/common/ipc/UnityIPCServer.js:51:25)\n    at HubIPCService.stop (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/services/localIPC/hubIPCService.js:42:24)\n    at App.<anonymous> (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:340:33)\n    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)\n    at /Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:7:71\n    at new Promise (<anonymous>)\n    at __awaiter (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:3:12)\n    at App.quitApp (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:334:16)\n    at App.quitGracefully (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:309:14)\n    at App.before-quit (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:74:26)"}
    25. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:57.086Z","level":"error","moduleName":"LicensingSdkService","message":"[ 'LicensingSDK is accessed but has not been initialized yet!' ]"}
    26. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:57.264Z","level":"info","moduleName":"WebSocketService","message":"[ 'stopping web socket server. closing connections' ]"}
    27. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:57.265Z","level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n\tstack TypeError: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n    at UnityIPCServer.closeSockets (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/common/ipc/UnityIPCServer.js:51:25)\n    at HubIPCService.stop (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/services/localIPC/hubIPCService.js:42:24)\n    at App.<anonymous> (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:340:33)\n    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)\n    at /Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:7:71\n    at new Promise (<anonymous>)\n    at __awaiter (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:3:12)\n    at App.quitApp (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:334:16)\n    at App.quitGracefully (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:309:14)\n    at App.before-quit (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:74:26)"}
    28. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:57.452Z","level":"info","moduleName":"WebSocketService","message":"[ 'stopping web socket server. closing connections' ]"}
    29. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:57.453Z","level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n\tstack TypeError: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n    at UnityIPCServer.closeSockets (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/common/ipc/UnityIPCServer.js:51:25)\n    at HubIPCService.stop (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/services/localIPC/hubIPCService.js:42:24)\n    at App.<anonymous> (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:340:33)\n    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)\n    at /Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:7:71\n    at new Promise (<anonymous>)\n    at __awaiter (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:3:12)\n    at App.quitApp (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:334:16)\n    at App.quitGracefully (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:309:14)\n    at App.before-quit (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:74:26)"}
    30. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:57.650Z","level":"info","moduleName":"WebSocketService","message":"[ 'stopping web socket server. closing connections' ]"}
    31. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:57.651Z","level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n\tstack TypeError: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n    at UnityIPCServer.closeSockets (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/common/ipc/UnityIPCServer.js:51:25)\n    at HubIPCService.stop (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/services/localIPC/hubIPCService.js:42:24)\n    at App.<anonymous> (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:340:33)\n    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)\n    at /Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:7:71\n    at new Promise (<anonymous>)\n    at __awaiter (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:3:12)\n    at App.quitApp (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:334:16)\n    at App.quitGracefully (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:309:14)\n    at App.before-quit (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:74:26)"}
    32. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:59.235Z","level":"info","moduleName":"WebSocketService","message":"[ 'stopping web socket server. closing connections' ]"}
    33. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:30:59.235Z","level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n\tstack TypeError: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n    at UnityIPCServer.closeSockets (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/common/ipc/UnityIPCServer.js:51:25)\n    at HubIPCService.stop (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/services/localIPC/hubIPCService.js:42:24)\n    at App.<anonymous> (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:340:33)\n    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)\n    at /Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:7:71\n    at new Promise (<anonymous>)\n    at __awaiter (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:3:12)\n    at App.quitApp (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:334:16)\n    at App.quitGracefully (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:309:14)\n    at App.before-quit (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:74:26)"}
    34. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:31:05.273Z","level":"info","moduleName":"WebSocketService","message":"[ 'stopping web socket server. closing connections' ]"}
    35. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:31:05.273Z","level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n\tstack TypeError: this.ipc.server.stop is not a function\n    at UnityIPCServer.closeSockets (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/common/ipc/UnityIPCServer.js:51:25)\n    at HubIPCService.stop (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/services/localIPC/hubIPCService.js:42:24)\n    at App.<anonymous> (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:340:33)\n    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)\n    at /Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:7:71\n    at new Promise (<anonymous>)\n    at __awaiter (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:3:12)\n    at App.quitApp (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:334:16)\n    at App.quitGracefully (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:309:14)\n    at App.before-quit (/Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/main/app.js:74:26)"}
    36. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:32:01.563Z","level":"info","moduleName":"APMClient","message":"[ 'Initializing APM Client' ]"}
    37. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:32:02.263Z","level":"info","moduleName":"App","message":"[ 'Checking arguments for Windows custom URI scheme' ]"}
    38. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:32:02.264Z","level":"info","moduleName":"App","message":"[ 'No custom URI argument found' ]"}
    39. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:32:02.422Z","level":"info","moduleName":"SystemInfo","message":"[ 'Hub version: 3.3.0' ]"}
    40. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:32:02.422Z","level":"info","moduleName":"SystemInfo","message":"[ 'Hub path: /Applications/Unity Hub.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity Hub' ]"}
    41. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:32:02.638Z","level":"info","moduleName":"setPATHEnvironmentVariable","message":"[\n  'Set PATH environment variable to: ',\n  '/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.2.7f1/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/OpenJDK/bin:/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.2.7f1/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/OpenJDK:/Users/nswell/Documents/PhantomsXR/Others/SDKs/flutter/bin:/Users/nswell/.yarn/bin:/Users/nswell/.config/yarn/global/node_modules/.bin:/opt/homebrew/bin:/opt/homebrew/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/System/Cryptexes/App/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Library/Apple/usr/bin\\n'\n]"}
    42. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:32:02.669Z","level":"info","moduleName":"HubSettings","message":"[\n  {\n    cloudEnvironment: 'production',\n    servicesUrlInterval: 900000,\n    hubConfigInterval: 3600000,\n    releasesRefreshInterval: 3600000,\n    recentProjectInterval: 60000,\n    downloadClusterInterval: 1000,\n    downloadEditorInterval: 1000,\n    refreshTokenValidity: 2592000000,\n    checkForUpdateInterval: 43200000,\n    sendAnalyticsEventsInterval: 60000,\n    maxSizeForAnalyticsQueue: 500,\n    downloadRequestTimeout: 30000,\n    servicesConfigBaseUrl: 'https://public-cdn.cloud.unity3d.com/config/',\n    globalConfigFolder: '/Library/Application Support/Unity/config'\n  }\n]"}
    43. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:32:02.680Z","level":"info","moduleName":"CloudConfig","message":"[\n  'Cloud Config endpoint: https://public-cdn.cloud.unity3d.com/config/production'\n]"}
    44. {"timestamp":"2022-11-25T15:32:02.869Z","level":"info","moduleName":"SystemInfo","message":"[ 'MacBook Pro 32 GB ;    Darwin 22.1.0' ]"}

48. sachinhello

sachinhello

read 43 reply

49. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thank you @Gennady for not replying to my comment; nor to my feedback.
    You're without doubt the best customer support I have seen in the world, keep it up guys !

50. MasoInar

MasoInar

This problem still exists in 3.4.1. Why it seems to be so hard to make the launcher actually start?