Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity Hub 3.3.0 + Unity 2021.3.10 failing to open any project, including a brand new one

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by StarManta, Sep 28, 2022.

1. StarManta

StarManta

I am on Apple Silicon (macOS 12.5.1, Mac mini M1), trying to open a project file in Unity 2021.3.10f1. When I try to open either of my actual project files, Hub spins its little wheel for a few minutes, and then silently does nothing. No feedback, no dialog, no error messages, anything.

When I tried creating and opening a blank new project file, I get an error message which points me to the attached log file (I've changed the extension to .txt so the forum would allow it to be posted). The line in the log file that jumps out at me most is:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. {"timestamp":"2022-09-28T18:26:04.118Z","level":"warn","moduleName":"Templates","message":"[\n  [Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, scandir '/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.10f1/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/PackageManager/ProjectTemplates'] {\n    errno: -2,\n    code: 'ENOENT',\n    syscall: 'scandir',\n    path: '/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.10f1/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/PackageManager/ProjectTemplates'\n  }\n]"}
    Which sure looks like there are files in the Unity app package that just fail to exist. This is a fresh install; I have no firewall and no antivirus software on this machine, which was mentioned as a possible cause on another thread about a similar error.

Before this: This comes after one botched install attempt, where a subfolder of the PackageManager folder was just inexplicably missing from my (10 minute old) install, resulting in the error message below. I reinstalled the same version, and now have the issue above.

Is the Unity Mac install process just broken? Does it omit arbitrary files during install? WTF is going on here?

Attached Files:

2. StarManta

StarManta

Error message from the first attempt described in the post:

Attached Files: