Search Unity

Bug Unity Hub 3.3.0 is broken, older versions?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by linnspitz, Nov 16, 2022.

1. linnspitz

linnspitz

Hi there, it seems unity hub 3.3.0 is broken. It is stuck on the loading screen, 100% of the time when I try to start it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it twice now and restarted my computer. I literally can't open any unity project. Trying opening a scene from the file browser also opens the unity hub which is stuck on the loading screen. Maybe if it would be possible to download an older version? The hub has become increasingly more unstable over the past years anyways... Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 13.05.00.png

I have a 2019 MacBook Pro running Ventura, with a 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 processor and a Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB graphics card (I think the hub should be able to run on worse computer tbh). And an internet connection.

Attached Files:

2. mgear

mgear

linnspitz likes this.
  3. linnspitz

linnspitz

That was a good idea thanks! I hadn't thought about it. I downloaded Unity Hub 2.4.5 now and it works just fine.

4. linnspitz

linnspitz

Okay so it turns out that while the version I downloaded works, the hub somehow seems to auto-update. I have installed the older hub twice now, it worked for a while and then it updated to version 3.3.0 again, breaking the hub. I am definitely going insane. Any ideas how I could turn off the auto-update? I can't find the feature in the interface.

5. mgear

mgear

6. ElfMilad

ElfMilad

i had the same problem , but i fixed it .
    try to disconnect your pc from internet ,
    and then close unity hub ( try to end task unity hub in task manager),
    and then open unity hub again, it should work :)
    after that you can connect to internet again.