Search Unity

Official Unity Hub 3.2 Release Overview

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Gennady, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Gennady

Gennady

Unity Technologies

Today, we released Hub v3.2.0. This release features quality-of-life improvements that will accelerate your productivity.

Dig into what’s included by checking out the release notes. To see what we’re working on next or to share your ideas on what features we should build, visit the Unity Hub roadmap.

Finally, we would like to thank the beta community for providing feedback to make our product stronger.

Thanks,

The Unity Hub team

2. anggaadypratama

anggaadypratama

I still waiting for Unity Hub supports native Apple silicon. because when I use the Intel version is always freezing. And I wish the "add module" feature is back to the latest unity hub, because It will help a lot of people when they need another module when development

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    poxei, phil_slf and Luxxuor like this.
  3. Henrarz

Henrarz

I see that there is still no way to download matching Unity version for a project when it’s not installed.

JonasSsEV1L and RustyAF like this.
  4. George-Omega

George-Omega

I hope there will be no situation like last time with npm module.

5. Hyp-X

Hyp-X

I see that Unity Hub still doesn't recognize the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series modules even one year after Unity added support for it in the regular Editor releases.

I see that changing the Editor version still ask for confirmation twice -- that used to work correctly in the white edition of Unity Hub.

6. Flavelius

Flavelius

The release notes say that hovering states of the sys-menu buttons were fixed; i didn't notice it before, but now that i read it i have to say the hoverstates still don't seem to work correctly in 3.2.0, atleast for me. The close button sometimes shortly flashes red when randomly hovering, but apart from that it only changes visually when pressed.

keni4 likes this.
  7. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

Why does the 2022.1 beta again appear in the Pre-releases section when it is already at version 2022.1.7f1 in the Other versions section?

upload_2022-6-30_23-31-0.png

8. embraceware

embraceware

Are there plans to update Unity Hub for Mac to Universal for native Apple Silicon support? It has a very slow launch time on Apple Silicon Macs.

9. Lynxed

Lynxed

This does not install gradle for 2021.3.6f1 (there is no tools folder) and it can't bloody uninstall the editor. Are you having a laugh?

wxxhrt likes this.
  10. TempusThales

TempusThales

I have Unity Hub installed, but when I click the Sign In button it doesn't do anything. I have tried reinstalling it from scratch, installing it to another drive, etc. It pretty much does the same thing. when I try to click on the sign-in button it doesn't do anything. I also tried to click on the Create Account button but it doesn't do anything either.

please help!!

upload_2022-7-13_3-6-39.png

JonasSsEV1L and stonemaster78 like this.
  11. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

It should open a browser window where you can then log in to your account.

12. TempusThales

TempusThales

yeah I just click it and doesnt do anything...

13. UXPrototyping

UXPrototyping

SO much issue with new update.

I can't open Projects properly.

14. DaBa123

DaBa123

Hey, I have the same problem!
    I clicked on the Sign In and then an Browser Window opened, like @MiTschMR said, but then this window is frozen. I opened it in Chrome.
    Does somebody know how to fix this?

15. Max_Bol

Max_Bol

If you're on Windows. try to launch the HUB as Administrator or set "Run this program as an administrator" by right clicking on the shortcut, select "Properties" and it's located close to the end of the "Compatibility" tab.

For me, it's common for applications to not properly open web page without Administrator access because it's security feature activated by default in Windows 10 to avoid security risks when an user open an app that might open a webpage that might contain something "wrong" (as Windows Defender doesn't scan the webpage, but only the App/Program and a web link doesn't give much of information.)

Unrelated to that problem, the Hub installation got corrupted when I pressed "Restart" for the latest update to be finished/installed. Reinstalling it by downloading the installer from the website made it work as if nothing happened, but I should warn others that it might also happen to them.

16. DaBa123

DaBa123

Hey, thank you for your answer
    I already fixed the problem

17. Mr-Fierce

Mr-Fierce

After installing this update, when UnityHub is active I've got THOUSANDS responses to clientstream.launchdarkly.com. 1 respond per 2 seconds. This is actually insane.
    Can you guys stop doing that shady malware things? Please, can you provide link to previous version?
    upload_2022-7-22_16-40-24.png

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    gsylvain likes this.
  18. Onigiri

Onigiri

Yes please, 3.2 is not even opening for me. I will never update this thing again upload_2022-7-22_22-44-59.png

19. mag_758

mag_758

Unity please help me I have such a problem here when I log into Unity Hub 3.2.0 I get a black screen you know what to do help
    here's look:
    upload_2022-7-24_14-20-50.png

Attached Files:

20. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I have this problem, it seems fixed by reading the beta release notes:

But the problem now is my hub does not update to the beta ( I turned on beta stream )

So how do I get this new beta hub version somehow as I like to make a build for Android.

21. stonebont

stonebont

yes i agree with you. i can't add module with unity hub 3.2.0 that's make me...Streessss

22. gmhelwig

gmhelwig

I cannot see a thing in Unity Hub dark mode. Please for those of us visually impaired people, put in alternate themes with haste. Thank you.

EvOne likes this.
  23. UnoSensei19

UnoSensei19

Hello! I'm new to Unity and I think I'm having trouble installing.. 2 hours have passed and my download shows no progress like it's stuck at 4%
    upload_2022-8-10_22-45-34.png

can anyone help me here? thank you

24. Thaina

Thaina

New unity beta are constantly request for new hub for download android NDK. When the new version of hub be available? It not even in beta channel

25. UnoSensei19

UnoSensei19

Hello again, just wanna share this one..
    upload_2022-8-11_21-45-1.png
    as you can see there are no icon showing in every button.. what's wrong with my Unity?

Attached Files:

EvOne likes this.
  26. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

This is not related to Unity Hub. Please spend some time looking at the available forums and post in a more appropriate place such as Editor & General Support.

Also, you posted this 4 times so far and I would that that you do not cross-post.

Thanks.

27. JonasSsEV1L

JonasSsEV1L

Same, and still can't do anything

28. dan_ginovker

dan_ginovker

Does Unity Hub beta support Linux? Downloading the Hub always brings me the old version

29. Thaina

Thaina

I think the current latest version of hub is the production. The newer beta did not came out yet, maybe it was in alpha channel

30. JonasSsEV1L

JonasSsEV1L

Heeeeeey dude! I finally find out what was the problem, in my case, It was because I didn't have a default browser in my pc configurations, once I set one, all the buttons of unity that redirect to one online page (like sign in, or create new account or "go to download page"), are functional now, I hope this can help you to solve your problem, that apparently is the same as mine was. :)

31. neptaco_

neptaco_

When performing a WebGL build on macOS (Apple silicon) using Unity 2020.3.32 launched from Unity Hub 3.2.0, the following error occurs and the build fails.

If I install Unity Hub 2.4.2 and launch Unity from Unity Hub 2.4.2, the build succeeds.
    I don't have any Unity Hub other than 2.4.2, but it was fine until I updated to 3.2.0.

When I build the same project on Windows, the build succeeds without any problems using Unity Hub 3.2.0.

Are any of the following changes doing something bad?
    • Users on macOS reported an issue that prevented the PATH environment variable from being correctly provided to the Editor. This has now been resolved.
    • We’ve fixed a bug on macOS that resulted in IL2CPP clang processes running as Intel on Apple silicon machines when using an Apple silicon editor. They will now run natively.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  32. epsseniyer

epsseniyer

Still License error useless update

33. xx-reza-xx

xx-reza-xx

why unity hub remains on black screen when offline (no internet connection)?