Search Unity

Unity Hub 3.0 Beta Soft Lock

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by unity_leuGqyZifU4AZg, Aug 25, 2021.

1. unity_leuGqyZifU4AZg

unity_leuGqyZifU4AZg

Hi! So as a software engineer that works on a desktop app that has a beta feature, I have a very strong suggestion for you guys.

Implement a fallback such that if the beta crashes or is closed via task manager more than 3 times, it auto reverts back to the latest stable version.

The app asked me if I wanted to use the beta, I said "sure why not". Launched the beta and I can't get past the start screen. Clicking "sign in" spawns a bunch of Chrome.exe processes that die soon after, clicking create account does the same thing. I've closed and reopened via task manager multiple times to no avail. I've restarted my computer to no avail. There's nothing I can do to get past the start screen.

Unfortunately, my only option at this point is to uninstall the hub and reinstall it. Horrible user experience for people trying out the beta. Always, always, always implement a fallback so that your app can fix itself in cases like this.

2. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
    Please, add it to our Feedback Thread (and your future feedbacks as well) :)