Search Unity

Bug Unity Hub 3.0.0-beta.5

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Vernix, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Vernix

Vernix

When I launch Unity Hub 3.0.0-beta.5, then click Sign in, instead of window with request for credential, Firefox is appearing with request for login into Unity webpage. When I login, Unity Hub is not able to receive anything, so at the end I'm not able to download any version of unity editor.

I've checked in Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04, result is the same.

renaudmeurs likes this.
  2. r1mple

r1mple

I have the same problem.I Push to Sing in and nothing happens.what to do?

renaudmeurs likes this.
  3. lynchryan2

lynchryan2

Unfortunately I've been having the same issue for a few days on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. I haven't been able to find a solution yet

renaudmeurs likes this.
  4. renaudmeurs

renaudmeurs

Same problem, lost several hours trying to find a solution.

Is there a way to download Hub V2 ?

Thanks !

5. FuzzyP

FuzzyP

How did you get the Unity Hub beta for Ubuntu? I'm on 2.4.5 and I want to upgrade to the latest version, because at school my lab computers use 3.0, but they are Macs, and I use Ubuntu Studio at home. A search led me here, but I don't see a way to download the appimage of 3.0, what am I missing?

6. CodekidGames

CodekidGames

Same for me. But if I try again, the website just dosen't load.
    I am on school wifi but Unity isn't blocked.

7. r1mple

r1mple

what is do?sorry for my bad English

Attached Files:

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'd like to get it for Linux Mint too but apparently, it's nowhere to be found... @Gennady

9. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

Unity Hub V3-beta 6 is out now. Could you please update it and check if you still have the same issue?
    You can see the release notes here.

To switch to V3, download Unity Hub then switch to Beta Channel:
    1. Click Settings (gear icon)
    2. Go to Advanced
    3. In the Release Channel drop-down, choose “Beta”
    4. Wait for background download. When it’s ready, you will see a message to Restart Hub to start using V3.
    To switch back to V2, repeat the steps above, but choose “Production” instead.

switchbeta-hubv3.PNG

Please, let me know if it works!

Hey there! It looks like your issue isn't related to this thread. Please, next time create a new thread for it.;)
    For license issues, please submit a ticket to our Customer Support. You can also find more information about license here.
    Thank you!

10. adngdb

adngdb

Hello! I'm using the AppImage for Unity Hub 3.0.0-beta.6 and I have the same problem as the original poster: when clicking the "Sign In" button, a new tab opens in Firefox and then nothing happens.

I don't see any settings panel or gear icon in the app, and thus can do nothing but stare at this pretty but unusable screen.

local-optimum likes this.
  11. mazzini_unity959

mazzini_unity959

have you found a solution to this? I have Unity Hub 3.0.0-beta.6 in Ubuntu 20.04 but as soon as I click the sign in button it opens a blank page.

local-optimum likes this.
  12. aderis282

aderis282

Same problem. When I click "Sing In" it opens a black unity hub page. Please fix it

UnityHubProblemImage1.png

13. kibi_unity

kibi_unity

I just re-installed the Unity Hub on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS - I received version 3.0.0-beta 6
    When I click on the blue Sign In button it open a tab in Chromium with the title "Open xdg-open?" and the text "https://api.unity.com wants to open this application". Clicking the button "open xdg-open doesn't do anything.
    If I (on the web) log out of my Unity account, then press the "Sign In" button on the Unity Hub, it opens up a Log in tab for Unity - I log in there and that works - but on the Unity Hub I am still on the "Sign In" page- it does not see that I am signed in.

Can't do anything! Cannot install Unity editor or do anything else

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  14. kibi_unity

kibi_unity

Version 3.0.0-beta7 works

15. local-optimum

local-optimum

Where do I get hold of beta7? The download page is still giving me beta6

16. local-optimum

local-optimum

On Ubuntu there is no settings icon which is preventing us changing release channel.