Search Unity

Bug Unity Hub 2.4.0 on Mac OS 10.15.6 Catalina fails to install Unity & save Unity Editor Folder path

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by firstuser, Sep 12, 2020.

1. firstuser

firstuser

Unity Hub 2.4.0 on Mac OS 10.15.6 Catalina fails to install Unity & save Unity Editor Folder path.

Installs fail silently.

Uninstalls work fine.

You can set the Unity Editor Path to "/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor" manually but you can't save it. I suspect this has something to do with the validation added in 2.4.0. Maybe related to issue 1161643 as well, idk.

Only workaround seems to be to just install manually and then locate? :(

2. firstuser

firstuser

For others who are stuck: I was able to force it to work by running this command in the mac terminal:

/Applications/Unity\ Hub.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity\ Hub -- --headless ip -s /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Artik2442 likes this.
  3. twhittaker

twhittaker

Appears to be broken on Windows as well
    Help Links don't work, no version information. Help links go to https://www.electronjs.org/

4. thestringer

thestringer

thanks for the pointers had this exact same issue on macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 installing
    2019.4.19f1 via Hub 2.4.2 - it would just stick on the install.

creating a folder in Applications > Unity>Hub>Editor> called 2019.4.19f1 let the install actually finish.

MacBook Pro M1

firstuser likes this.
  5. nmuta1

nmuta1

Same here. It took forever to download Unity 2020.03.0f1 this morning, and when it finally finished downloading, there was some error and it was unable to install. So I created the 2020.3.0f1 folder inside of
    /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor on Mac and it worked the second time after burning through another several gigs of download data. Really appreciative of this forum or else I would probably still be scratching my head on this one.

AlexPanas and firstuser like this.
  6. ZenTeapot

ZenTeapot

This is also happening to me. Still not fixed?

7. DadaJujuSpectrum

DadaJujuSpectrum

Had the same problem. Setting up Unity for a non admin user.

Did 3 steps of which 2 steps from above:
    • /Applications/Unity\ Hub.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity\ Hub -- --headless ip -s /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/
    • creating a folder in Applications > Unity>Hub>Editor> called 2019.4.19f1 let the install actually finish.
    • Used chmod 777 on Unity folder recursively. (hint found on another forum page)

And then it worked.
    Thanks to TheStringer and Firstuser

Rozx likes this.
  8. Rozx

Rozx

Thanks, it turns out that Unity hub doesn't have permission to read the files under the Application/Unity directory, use chmod 777 solved my issue.

Im using M1 mac.

9. loveunitydev

loveunitydev

This may be overkill, but I gave Unity Hub "Full Disk Access" via Apple's System Preferences and it allowed me to install the WebGL module.