Search Unity

Unity Hub 2.3.0 Doesnt load my project

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by u1257351, Mar 4, 2020.

1. u1257351

u1257351

Hello,

I updated the Hub from 2.2 to 2.3.0 and now my project wont load. It works if i try to create a new empty project.
    Unity version 2019.2.13f1
    I tried restarting my PC and reinstalling the Unity Hub.

When i click to open my project it shows the loading screen, but then switches back to the hub after 2 seconds.

Any other ideas?

sonnyb and mchodor like this.
  2. Jasur_Challenges

Jasur_Challenges

Same problem after updating to 2.3.0, I have researched all forum and google but nothing helped.

What happened:
    1. Unity hub didn't recognized my license. For old license it said something like "Machine not matching with this license".
    2. I created new license and tried to open project from hub. It launches unity splash screen, after few seconds UnityHub restarting and at bottom appears text "unity is already in list. you cannot locate the same version", and that's it, nothing happening after that.

What I have tried:
    1. Fully deleted all unity editors and unity hub.
    2. Cleared all files and registers related to unity from AppData and this like folders.
    3. Reinstalled Hub (different versions). Installed different versions of unity.
    4. Almost every solutions from posts like this https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-is-already-in-list-you-cannot-locate-the-same-version.785405/

My OS: Windows 10
    License: Personal

PS:
    Just saw announcement of 2.3.0 and at "Whats Fixed" part:
    • Windows license activation errors
    • "Unity is already on the list." error on project open
    Thats funny, I relatively new to unity but never met any problem with Hub before and loved this soft :)

Hope you guys will help soon.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  3. fuzymarshmello

fuzymarshmello

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  4. Jasur_Challenges

Jasur_Challenges

Thank you for information fuzymarshmello.

Before problem appeared, I connected new USB-hub with Ethernet port to my laptop. Seems like this is the reason of the problem. I have tried different things like disconnected it, delete new ports from device manager, connected again and many other tricks but nothing helped.

So, anyone reading this, do not connect any new device with wan ports to your computer. Otherwise you will lose access to your projects :)

5. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello guys ! We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will investigate into this issue :)

6. BasilUnity

BasilUnity

Unity Technologies

Hello everyone,

We're sorry you're experiencing issues with Unity Hub. Let's figure out what's going on together.

Please try this workaround and let me know if it solves the problem. We're going to revoke the Unity license and go through the licensing flow again. Occasionally the license gets confused due to hardware changes or a major OS update.

First, open Unity Hub and navigate to Preferences. Now access the License Management menu and click the Return License button. Confirm the selection and wait for the process to finish.

01-revoke.gif

Now restart the Hub and go back to License Management (to use a shortcut, you can click the Manage License on the toast notification). Click the Activate New License button and select the license tier you've been using. Input the serial number if necessary and click Done. Wait for the process to finish.

02-activate.gif

At this point, try quitting the Hub and relaunching it. Try to open your project again.

03-quit.gif

Please let us know if this addresses your problem!

dannox and mchodor like this.
  7. pwhitney

pwhitney

charlesb_rm likes this.
  8. Jasur_Challenges

Jasur_Challenges

@BasilUnity Thank you very much for willing to help.

I did every step from instructions you provided. But result still the same. I'm attaching screen record of what is happening after instructions.

9. BasilUnity

BasilUnity

Unity Technologies

@Jasur_Challenges Appreciate you trying this workaround. Thanks for the update!

Have you already reached out to support@unity3d.com by any chance? To take your issue to the next step, we'd need your logs for Unity Hub, Unity Editor and Unity Licensing Client. It's best if you create a support ticket and send them the logs so we can take a better look at the problem over here.

10. u1257351

u1257351

Hey @BasilUnity , I have the exact same issue as @Jasur_Challenges
    I tried reactivating the license following the instructions but it didnt work.
    Joris from Unity support is trying to help me but we are stuck, please let us know if you find another solution.

11. Jasur_Challenges

Jasur_Challenges

@BasilUnity I did. There is nothing new so far. They suggested exact same instruction as you provided. But it didn't helped yet.

12. IgnacioMartinezCT

IgnacioMartinezCT

Worked for me too! thanks!

13. BasilUnity

BasilUnity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the update @u1257351 and @Jasur_Challenges

Would you mind posting your logs in the thread?

We're looking for these three files:
    • info-log.json (Hub usage logs)
    • Editor.log (Editor usage logs)
    • Unity.Licensing.Client.log (Licensing Client logs)
    To find these files, navigate to the following directories depending on your OS.

Unity Hub:
    • Windows: %APPDATA%\UnityHub\logs\
    • macOS: ~/Library/Application\ Support/UnityHub/logs/
    • Linux: ~/.config/UnityHub/logs/
    Unity Editor:
    • Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Unity\Editor\
    • macOS: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/
    • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/
    Unity Licensing:
    • Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Unity\
    • macOS: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/
    • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Unity/
    If you're not comfortable posting the logs here, please send them directly to Unity support instead.

We all really want to get to the bottom of this!

14. Jasur_Challenges

Jasur_Challenges

Hi @BasilUnity ,
    I'm uploading 3 files with zip. I think you can see that I have tried different things to solve the issue. Hope it will not causes difficulties.
    Thank you for attention.

Attached Files:

• logs.zip
      File size:
      68.1 KB
      Views:
  15. BasilUnity

BasilUnity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the prompt response, @Jasur_Challenges ,

The logs you sent us informs us of the nature of the problem but not what the problem actually is. We'd really appreciate this last bit of information from you.

Can you run the following command in PowerShell?

Get-WmiObject MSFT_NetAdapter -Namespace root\StandardCimv2 | select Name,InterfaceIndex,InterfaceDescription,InterfaceOperationalStatus,NetLuidIndex,NetLuid,ConnectorPresent,PermanentAddress,NetworkAddresses | Sort-Object NetLuidIndex | ft

Please note that this is one long line rather than two separate commands. Please try it on your machine and reply with your output. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

16. Jasur_Challenges

Jasur_Challenges

Here is the output. SharedScreenshot.jpg

@BasilUnity I attached new image. I noticed previous image was not correct :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  17. u1257351

u1257351

@BasilUnity Here are my Logs:

Unity support stopped replying to my emails 3 days ago, idk what happened.....

Ive been stuck for 10 days now without being able to work on my project, i hope we find a solution...

Attached Files:

18. u1257351

u1257351

@BasilUnity I also managed to catch this error that pops up for less than a second. I dont know if it helps

Attached Files:

19. Jasur_Challenges

Jasur_Challenges

Solved for me
    What I did:

1. Opened "Unity.lic" file from "C:/ProgrammData/Unity" with text editor.
    2. Here i found "Binding Key="5" value. It was different from my primary network adapter's Mac Address.
    3. With command for PowerShell provided by @BasilUnity I checked, which of adapters has matching "permanent address" to "Binding Key="5" value. It was "XBox Wireless Adapter for Windows".
    Use this command in PowerShell:
    4. Deleted this adapter from "Device Manager" (win+x).
    5. Opened UnityHub and it is automatically said that license is incorrect and machine not matching.
    6. Activated New Licence from hub.
    7. That's it, seems everything is working properly now.

Also information if anyone will need.
    I restarted my PC and checked "XBox Wireless Adapter for Windows" from device manager. It's reinstalled automatically. But UnityHub still works fine.

Thank you @BasilUnity and all for help and giving me direction.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  20. BasilUnity

BasilUnity

Unity Technologies

@Jasur_Challenges : No need to thank me, you pretty much did all the work by yourself! I was wondering if this is caused by the XBox Wireless Adapter for Windows but wanted to check something first before suggesting a workaround. All that to say: thank you for figuring out the solution and posting it. :)

21. BasilUnity

BasilUnity

Unity Technologies

@u1257351 : I'm sorry you're still having issues. Thank you for providing your logs and the output of the
    Get-WmiObject MSFT_NetAdapter
    command. I can see that this is indeed the same error as Jasur is experiencing. Unity Hub binds your license to one network interface but Unity Editor is expecting a different value.

Let's try this workaround:
    1. Return your current license through Unity Hub.
    2. Close all Unity applications.
    3. Open Command Prompt on Windows.
    4. Activate Unity in batch mode: e.g.,
      "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Unity.exe" -batchmode -username name@example.edu.uk - password XXXXXXXXXXXXX -serial E3-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX –quit
    5. Once the operation completes, open Unity Hub again and try to load a project.
    For more information on Unity batch mode, consult the Unity Manual.

If this fails, would you kindly let me know which network adapters the following two addresses correspond to on your machine?
    • 00:ff:d9:9d:b1:e3
    • 00:ff:a8:7a:c6:4a

22. u1257351

u1257351

@BasilUnity Actually today I deleted all my unity versions, all the files related to Unity hub and then did a clean installation and now its working fine....

I hope that in the future Unity Hub doesnt cause any more trouble hehe. Thanks for the help guys!

23. BasilUnity

BasilUnity

Unity Technologies

I'm glad you got everything sorted out, @u1257351. This said, it's a very frustrating workaround and we can't ask something this tedious from our users. I'll monitor the other threads for similar behaviours and ideally we'll have a fix for these annoyances in the subsequent releases of Unity Hub and Unity Editor. Thank you for your patience and help!

24. marian42

marian42

I had the same problem. In my case, the `Binding Key="5"` in the "Unity.lic" file from "C:/ProgramData/Unity" matched with the ID of the Xbox wireless adapter. I unplugged the adapter, restarted Unity Hub, updated the license as prompted and plugged the Xbox wireless adapter back in. This solved the issue for me.

BasilUnity likes this.
  25. CaliburOne

CaliburOne

Well this was a fun morning. I woke up this morning to Unity just not opening at all yet it worked the night before. Unity non technical text chat support pointed me to this thread (thanks Rory) and after fallowing what @Jasur_Challenges did it seemed to fix the problem for me.

@Jasur_Challenges you are a god!

Well thanks UnityHub for the missed deadline, canceled meetings, and ear full from the company that hired me.

Just another day in the life of a Unity Dev :confused:

26. Thermos

Thermos

I updated my license today and stucked with this problem for one day. Thank you, @Jasur_Challenges and @marian42, that's really an unexpected but a easy way of fixing.

Seems like if you active a new license in Unity Hub 2.3.0 with a Xbox wireless adapter plugged in will highly likely trigger this problem, hope there will be a fix soon. @BasilUnity.

27. AlpaqaSquad

AlpaqaSquad

I had the same problem. My solve: Turn off "Cisco AnyConnect"

28. BasilUnity

BasilUnity

Unity Technologies

@Thermos: There will be a fix soon, we've been getting a few other issues where the Unity license is bound to the wrong network interface. Now that a lot of people are working from home with VPN, this is happening more frequently. What is particularly annoying is that a number of related, but different problems return the same behaviour/error message. This is confusing for a lot of Unity users who are wondering why some solutions work for some users but not others.

A few weeks ago, I wrote some of the easier workarounds in this thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/troubleshooting-licensing-errors-in-the-hub.850399/ Rest assured that fixing this issue is our top priority.

29. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thank you!! It works!!

30. louislam

louislam

Just downgraded to Unity Hub 2.1.2, and works again.

31. nektarko

nektarko

Had the same problem. It appeared after disabling LAN network adapter on my laptop (I didn't use it anyway). Re-enabling it solved the issue.

32. mchodor

mchodor

I have the same problem, exactly after updating Unity Hub. So I removed all Unity Versions, removed Hub, installed once more and it did not resolve the problem :(
    I will try installing Unity without a Hub or maybe going back to 2.2
    Did you try this already?

33. mchodor

mchodor

That helped thanks, it is important to restart hub after removing liecense, and after adding license.

34. lycmc4b17

lycmc4b17

Hi there, I am a user from Hong Kong that facing the same problem and I finally solve this issue successfully after read this page. And I can open my old projects now.
    (I am not good at English and if there are any mistake like misspelling or grammarlly wrong, please forgive me.)

The founding of my situation:
    I just update my hardware few days ago and I am shocked because I paid a lot of money to upgrade my computer in order to output Unity game faster.

After that I find some logs in Unity.Licensing.Client below:
    INFO - Unity.Licensing.EntitlementResolver.EntitlementGroupExtensions || MAC address (XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX) not found on system!
    WARN - Unity.Licensing.EntitlementResolver.EntitlementGroupExtensions || The following fields of your context don't match:
    Legacy.MachineBinding5: License value (XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX) != Current context (XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX)

And then I started to check the powershell and input the command mentioned by above reply.

Get-WmiObject MSFT_NetAdapter -Namespace root\StandardCimv2 | select Name,InterfaceIndex,InterfaceDescription,InterfaceOperationalStatus,NetLuidIndex,NetLuid,ConnectorPresent,PermanentAddress,NetworkAddresses | Sort-Object NetLuidIndex | ft

And I found that the mismatch MAC address is my WI-FI Adapter mac address but I was closed it because I am using Cat-6 LAN to connect network. (Some reply above said X-box adapter cause the problem but i didn't find that in my computer)
    I don't know why unity hub still using my closed WI-FI Adapter mac address to license itself.
    Finally I uninstall the WI-FI adapter in Device Manager(Win + X) and currently I can open my projects now.
    Hope that it will fixed in future version.
    And Hope my solutions are useful for all of you who facing this problem.

35. LydiaMartin

LydiaMartin

I can only log into Unity from my browser, why can't I log into the Hub/Editor?

36. glarou

glarou

When trying to Open an Existing Project from Unity Hub (2.4.3) with Unity Version 2020.3.12f1 (LTS) I keep getting the Error Prompt below. I have tried launching Hub as Administrator and that worked a few times, but isn't working now. I have restarted Hub and my system multiple times. I also removed and reinstalled my license.

Attached Files:

37. glarou

glarou

I seem to have fixed this problem by moving my unity files to a new directory and re-adding them to Hub and then opening. All is working again (so far)

38. killerqueen7703

killerqueen7703

every time I try to activate a license it doesn't work
    when i open unity hub it says i dont have liscence and when i restart it there is still not one

help

39. codestage

codestage

It's 2022, and today I lost one hour while trying to figure out why Unity 2019.4 started from the latest Hub just silently closes while Unity 2020.3 works fine.

This is what helped me - I had WiFi device disabled on my PC, and Unity 2019 finally started after enabling that device.
    Removing license, reactivating and updating Hub didn't help.