Search Unity

Official Unity Hub 2.2.2, and thank you!

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by DanielTG, Dec 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielTG

DanielTG

Hello everyone,

Today we released Hub v.2.2.2, our last planned release for 2019. This version was shipped to address the blocking issues introduced in the Hub v.2.2.0/1 updates reported over the past couple of weeks on this forum. We hope this update leaves you in a stable, productive place to close off the year.

Please note, unfortunately theHub v2.2.2 is not correctly notarized for new installs on macOS 10.15 Catalina. The Unity Hub will need to be manually trusted in the System Preferences> Security & Privacy panel. This action should be only required once and will be addressed properly in a product update in the new year.

We wanted to thank you all for your feedback, your patience working through these recent releases, and ongoing support throughout the year and the year to come!

Sincerely,
    The Hub Team

JakubSmaga, BartNT, Rock360 and 4 others like this.
  2. basilo

basilo

And now it can't log in at all!
    Only thing I was

Without proxy:
    It tells me that my license is not valid and when I click from the user menu to "Sign in" it flashes a window with no result.
    The first time I managed to successfully open the Sign In window (it got stuck after clicking on the "Sign in" button).

With proxy:
    At least It recognizes the license and I can open again my projects.
    After the failed? sign in attempt it opens the windows (blank) and after some seconds it closes it.

P.S.: haven't tried installing a new Unity version or creating a new project.
    P.S.2: I also tried installing again v2.1.2 that was working and now it also does open the Sign in window blank and after a bit it closes it down.

3. thrif_ash

thrif_ash

On my laptop I can't log in either. I was having this issue before for a long time but then last week or so, it started working but now its not again. :(

On my desktop I have no issues.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Where is the download link for Linux

353917959 and lzbk like this.
  5. Unitybyte

Unitybyte

Unity Technologies

Are any of you trying to sign in with Google?

6. thrif_ash

thrif_ash

No, I'm using my unity account. My laptop may have something from my company that could be blocking it. I think I disabled the proxy but maybe antivirus is causing issues? Its strange that it was working previously for a bit.

7. BrentonUnger

BrentonUnger

I'm using Google for my Unity account - I guess I'm going to skip this update as well.

Please let me know if your Hub team is in need of a solid development lead. I promise you this won't happen again. ;)

8. basilo

basilo

Today's update (with proxy)

It's working!
    No uninstall/install, no nothing.

I just opened it today and I was logged in.

Without set proxy environment variables it's still not working.

9. syjgin

syjgin

Can not install it on KDE Neon User Edition 5.17 (Ubuntu 18.04 based distro):

ERROR: appimage_register_in_system : Entry doesn't exists: .DirIcon

10. Houzi2004

Houzi2004

I am. Each time I try to log in, it tells me that my browser does not work for it. I have tried changing my default browser, and reinstalling the hub. Neither has worked. I hope it is patched soon.

11. Gunmetaldave

Gunmetaldave

Hello. I downloaded the Unity HUB, and have been trying to add Unity 2019.2.17, but it just times out and doesn't install. I've tried this numerous times now. It won't even add the 2018 version.

Help??

12. c0t

c0t

13. unity_iK3apfNKpi5RLw

unity_iK3apfNKpi5RLw

Opening the Unity hub shows server is not responding now.
    And can't log in.
    I was able to log in with Unity hub v2.2.0.
    Can I download Unity hub v2.2.0?

14. thrif_ash

thrif_ash

Ok, I'm a dumb dumb....
    Checked my Windows firewall settings and HUB was blocked. /facepalm

I would have checked this sooner but it was working before the hub updated so I figured it was something else. Weird.

[EDIT] Still not working got my hopes up cause the HUB looked like it was logged in but Unity asset store isn't working still and now the hub doesn't log in again. :(

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  15. brewthetea

brewthetea

Hi Unity Team, While trying to install Unity Hub 2.2.2 on my MacOS Catalina installed device, I received a security-related warning. When will it be fixed?

16. Afonin

Afonin

Installed a new version of Unity + Unity hub and regretted it. Previous versions of Unity + Unity Hub worked without problems. Now I have the following problems that I can’t solve:
    1. Unity hub constantly resets the license. At least once a day.
    2. The license can only be installed manually.
    3. The Unity Hub does not launch projects, even those that were created by him. I do following actions - in the hub I create a project, go out to the project folder and there I run the scene for execution. If try to start the same project from the hub, nothing happens. Unity will try to run the scene for execution and will be closed
    What I did:
    1. Checked the system calendar and time. Everything is working fine.
    2. Checked the firewall and even turned it off. Checked the list of allowed programs. Everything is allowed.
    3. I tried to install Unity + Unity hub with the antivirus turned on and off. No results.
    4. Uninstalled Unity + Unity hub with checking Windows registries and searching for program links. No results.
    5. Reinstalled several times. The result is the same.

Windows 7 is installed and I do not plan to switch to Windows 10.

I ask for help Unity team

17. Grumpy-Dot

Grumpy-Dot

@Afonin Hello, when reinstalling Unity clean, also make sure that you remove the Unity folder from ProgramData and from your user/AppData/(Local, LocalLow and Roaming) folders. Let me know if this helps.

18. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

I cant sign int o unity hub or asset store. This is frustrating it has been 5 days.
    Why is there no solution while a lot of people is having the same problem?

19. Afonin

Afonin

Specifically reinstalled Unity (2019.2.19f1) + UnityHub (2.2.2) according to the scenario proposed above. The result is negative!?

What I did:
    1. Removed the entire Unity package with checking and cleaning Windows registries and Unity software links.
    2. deleted the Unity folder from ProgramData and the / AppData / folders (Local, LocalLow and Roaming).
    3. Disabled antivirus and firewall.
    4. Licensing.
    5. Created a new project.
    6. Unity started.
    7. Save empty project and close Unity
    8. Re-launched UnityHub.
    9. I made an attempt to launch the newly created project. Failure. Unity does not starting. Return to UnityHub.
    10. Starting a project from a folder. The project was launched in the Unity.

All this time, the antivirus and firewall are turned off. The license is still active. But! I am waiting for a message about the lack of a license. I expect to receive it within 24 hours. Just as it was before :( I think the problems in UnityHub itself. License activation only manually. After a while, the license is deactivated. Projects are creating but not starting ...[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  20. Afonin

Afonin

Well, here is the final result. Unity Hub launched after 18 hours... no license. At 3 a.m. license it was

21. Deleted User

Deleted User

For some reason, creating a new project in 2020.1.0a1 selects the two 3D types of projects at the same time and I cannot deselect one or the other:

Capture.JPG

22. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

Unity Hub 2.2.2 no longer able to install new versions of Unity in macOS Catalina. The install shows up in the list of available versions (tested with 2019.3.1, 2018.4.17, and 2017.4.37), module selection works as expected, then it gets the majority of the way through installing and just quits out to the Install menu. New version is not on the list.

23. thrif_ash

thrif_ash

Update part 2.
    After turning off my companies proxy a while back it wasn't working still.

I just noticed that my npm has a user config setting for proxy that was still pointing to my companies proxy. I removed this and I can now connect to the Unity Hub.

24. rapidraidx

rapidraidx

Can't login to the hub with google oAuth. Google throws me an "browser is to insecure" error.
    Windows Firewall is disabled, not using any proxies or vpns, even tried installing the hub on a VM.
    No success there either.

25. Maginaa

Maginaa

There is a fatal problem in unityhub 2.2.2! When I launch unityhub my internet connection will be cut off! I test this few times, It makes me very confuse, hope you can fix this. (macOS 10.15.3)

26. Deleted User

Deleted User

File a bug report.

27. Leo785

Leo785

Unity hub isn't opening offline.
    Does anyone else also getting this bug?

28. GRIBISSA89

GRIBISSA89

et ce que tu a un lien de téléchargement de unity hub2.2.2/ can you give me
    link to download the unity hub2.2.2 .

29. GRIBISSA89

GRIBISSA89

et ce que tu a un lien de téléchargement de unity hub2.2.2/ can you give me
    link to download the unity hub2.2.2 .

30. GRIBISSA89

GRIBISSA89

Can you give me link to download the unity hub2.2.2 .

31. Deleted User

Deleted User

The current version is 2.3.1 you can download it from the Unity current version page: https://unity3d.com/get-unity/update.

32. Deleted User

Deleted User

33. GRIBISSA89

GRIBISSA89

Good evening sir just a question how to download unit hub 2.2.2 by this with the new version of hub there are no add modules.

34. DaveyRye

DaveyRye

I have recently downloaded unity hub (v2.3.1) and when looking at project it says there should be a download now button, but all Is see if view tutorial? running on macOS any ideas?

35. DaveyRye

DaveyRye

Solved the issue. I ended up downloading a project (ruby) from the browser, and then opened unity where I was able to send it to unity. From there it told me to update the package manager. Now I am able to see the DOWNLOAD NOW from unity hub.

Another option now that I knew that was the missing piece to the puzzle ;

From unity goto Assets > View in Package Manager and then click the update button bottom left

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.